“Amazing !!!”

Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Mgarr
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 34
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Country Terrace is a little cottage transformed into a restaurant with indescribable panoramic views and extraordinary cuisine. Our restaurant has become the only place in Gozo which offers such a savouring view of the Mgarr Harbor, Fort Chambrey and the three sister islands, Kemmuna, Kemmunett and Malta When it comes to wedding events, we pit all our efforts into creating a personalized reception. Our facilities and services can be tailored to the style that best represents you and complements your wines and dreams.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Top restaurant in Gozo, amazing views, service and food !!! Nothing to complain about well done to all the staff you were simply amazing , would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone I know :)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Country Terrace as an unforgettable dining experience! The staff were all extremely friendly and very attentive throughout, particularly the maitre de (owner?) and I especially enjoyed the charming little girl who handed out the menus! Dining on the terrace was wonderful and although you can’t see the sunset (not from my spot), I did end up dining in full view of the moon which was incredibly special. Was quite windy but there were outside heaters so it wasn’t too tricky an experience. The food was great – I started with the fried brie and then had the fried rabbit. Definitely the best rabbit I had during my entire trip in Gozo! Presentation was excellent! If you’re not a fan, or allergic to cats, I’d avoid sitting on the terrace as they do come quite close. I found it quite charming… It was my most expensive meal during the whole 10 days I spent in Gozo but the view from the terrace definitely made it worth it!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

An all round creme de la creme experience. The location of the restaurant is set on the outskirts of Ghajnsielem and overlooking Mgarr Harbor, where you are welcomed with what appears to be a small farmhouse. As soon as we walked in we were welcomed with the sound of smooth jazz and were immediately shown to our table. After taking our beverage order, we were presented with the menus. The wine list in particular is an impressive thick book with an in-detail discourse about wine and the restaurant. Furthermore the wine list is extensive and clearly well curated! While we waited for our waiter, I noticed that apart from the backbar, which is stacked with staple spirits and some fine whiskies, two other spirit trolleys were set up: one packed with some of the best gins and the other with a selection of grappa. At once, the waiter returned with an on the house antipasto of bruschetta and sun-dried tomatoes. Our order was noted, which included ribeye steak for myself and a fillet of beef for her, with a mushroom sauce and a Gorgonzola sauce respectively, accompanied by a bottle of Carmenere Chilean wine. The wait for the food was just right, where we were served with the most perfectly cooked steaks. The meat has a slight char on the outside and the inside juicy and cooked to our liking (medium rare for the rib-eye and medium for the fillet). The sides were also delicious and fresh, which included boiled/roast potato which had a subtle but distinctive smokey taste, a portion of vegetables and chips. Our meal was followed by an in-house made raspberry and chocolate desert: simply to die for. The night came to an end with a drink offered by the very friendly owner. It was only a shame that the weather was rather windy and cold as it was ungodly to dine on what appears to be a beautiful terrace dominated by a breathtaking view of Mgarr Harbor and the sister islands. An unforgettable romantic experience; will definitely return!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Family lunch. Very welcoming place with awesome views if sitting on terrace (too windy today). Courteous staff, excellent food display, lovely ambience. A return is a must.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great food , freshly made pasta and fish. Always ask for the specials , lots of good food and first class friendly service . Will surely be back