The villa is very big. It has 2 very large bedrooms, 2 with en-suite. The bathrooms have been modernised and were very clean. The bedding was clean. The villa has everything you need to live your daily life. The pool was very clean too. The location is a little to far out without a car, however there is a local bus stop near by. I've never stayed in a villa before but I would definitely do it again.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
I'm disappointed in the James Villas we've stayed in Mellihia, Malta (Hibiscus is one of them). We've had too many issues with it to make it enjoyable.
1) The floors are so dirty and you're not left with a proper mop to clean them. To buy a proper mop would cost 20 euros at the supermarket. When we told the rep he said all floors in Malta get dirty quickly! Well our floors were never clean to start with so that's just ridiculous. If you like your feet black from walking to the toilet to the bed then this is the place for you. The only way around it is to wear flip flops 24/7. Disgusting and annoying.
2) None of the doors have hooks so you can't hang towels anywhere.
3) No bedside tables in the 2nd bedroom in the Gardinia villa (also annoying).
4) The fridge is extra loud.
5) Appliances didn't work so we haven't been able to do our clothes washing or wash our plates in the dishwasher until things got fixed.
6) 2 bedrooms downstairs didn't have air conditioning working (in Gardinia).
7) The sink smelt downstairs so that had to be fixed.
8) you have to pay extra for air conditioning upstairs so the place is always hot because if you leave windows open you get attacked by flies and Mosquitos.
9) you have to pay extra for any TV channels other then the news channel
10) the kitchen is well equipped apart from the scissors not working.
11) The place echoes because of the marble floors so if you have noisy neighbours who slam doors expect a lot of noise :-(
12) The pool is freezing ALL the time. My 17month refuses to go in.
13) You can hear dogs barking most of the day.
The eating area on the balcony is lovely just bring ALOT of mosquito spray with you!!
We stayed in this villa in June 2014 and we had a lovely week, the villa is very good and well laid out, could not fault it. There was a welcome pack when we got there, coffee, milk, butter, bread, ham, eggs, etc which was a nice touch.Sun on the pool most of the day. Nice to have breakfast and dinner on balcony over looking the pool.