“Is it really 4-star?”
Review of Mellieha Bay Hotel

Mellieha Bay Hotel
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This hotel is showing signs of wear and tear, particularly on the outside, where remedial work is urgently needed on concrete steps and walkways and to a wall separating the children's playground from the sea. The whole complex could also do with a lick of paint.
Yes, on the inside, it still merits its four-star rating with good food, pleasant atmosphere and attentive staff.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the ground floor of Block A - it is a long hike away from reception and the dining ro...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aprildorset

Reviewed 24 February 2012

It’s my second time in Malta. I love the warm winters here in Malta.
This hotel is Excellent value for money (especially during the winter months). The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. I even got a free upgrade to a Superior Room.
The views from the hotel rooms are amazing.
I highly recommend this hotel and will probably return next year :)

Room Tip: To get the best rates simply book directly from the website of the hotel :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I went on holiday to Malta with my boyfriend and his parents and great uncle. We went all inclusive and it was great value for money. The beer on the all inclusive was Stella. You also had a choice of cocktails and the Maltese spirits and wines that were all included in the all inclusive offer.

The food was excellent every day, with a huge variety and difference each time. The breakfast was fantastic because you had the choice of what ever you wanted; full English, egg sandwiches, cereal, yogurt, fruit or toast and jam. Or a combination of all.

There was a lot to do with in the hotel. Bingo, quizs and three pools to chose from. As well as the night time entertainment which included a magician, dancers and even a sword swallower. This was to all our taste even though our age group varied from 20's to 70's.

We stayed for two weeks and hired a car so we were able to explore the beautiful island. My personal highlights outside the hotel were Sliema, Popeye's village and Marsaxlokk (fishing village). But most of all Gozo. I like Gozo.

All of the staff at the hotel were very friendly, accommodating, helpful and happy. Especially the bar man, Massimo and the bar manager, Joseph.

Overall this was a fantastic two weeks and I am very proud and excited to say that I would happily return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank rmblazey
Reviewed 4 February 2012

we have just returned after spending 3 week offer at a good price. The views are unbeatable with plenty of activity on the water to watch. the hotels dining room and lounge was so cold you couldnt go without something really warm to wear [ some even wore coats ] The food also was often cold and we did along with others notify the rep but it didnt make any difference. Our rooms were warm and clean and staff were lovely. This has been a super hotel in its day but it gives out the impression it is being run on a shoestring. One thing i must say about our holiday is the Maltese people are the best you will find anywhere so friendly and helpful. Would i go back to this hotel no but i would go back to Malta and although they have lost the old buses it is so easy and cheap to get about fantasic places to see just need the weather.

Room Tip: ask for refurbished one
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hullhols
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I returned to the hotel for the second time in 3 months. This time being on my own.

As always I had a fantastic time and felt like home from home. The staff as always were fantastic and made me feel very welcome.

The food in the hotel is a choice of hot and cold buffet style food, but there is always an option of snacks from the bar if you so choose and baguettes in the evening if you get peckish.

The entertainment was good fun and even though being in my late 30's I enjoyed every little bit.

The accomodation was of a good standard and being on my own was put on a high floor (only 4 floors in hotel) which made me feel very secure and safe.

I am now looking for my deal to come back in april(ish) time this year.

I have to admit that have stayed in other hotels, but prefer coming back to this hotel and will not be staying anywhere else in the future.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are good for the view, but garden rooms are lovley to sit on the patio
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank louise r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
4.5 km away
6.4 km away
Dolmen Resort Hotel
Dolmen Resort Hotel
#2 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Mellieha Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK