We travelled to this hotel on 1st April 2012, and we were really pleasantly surprised, after reading some of the reviews it makes you wonder what people want out of their holiday, (just ot moan I think) we were warmly welcomed by Lola and other reception staff who were extremely helpful throughout our holiday,the hotel food was as to be expected on an all inclusive holiday and always plenty of it. It was constantly being replenished, plenty of salads, meat choices, chefs cooking fish and other meats at a separate part of the restaurant at each meal time, tables always being cleared and fresh linen replaced where necessary. The rooms were cleaned daily, except Thursday and Sunday, but I am sure most people can make their own bed so staff can have time off. The staff did their very best to enforce the No Towels on Sunbeds Rule, and am ashamed to say a lot of the culprits were English. The second week we were there was much better because the Easter break was over so the hotel was a bit quieter, so more beds available, and occupied instead of just towels. The only problem with the pools was that the small pool was heated to a nice temperature, so everyone swam in that one making it a bit over crowded at times. The large pool was freezing!!!! The hotel runs a free bus several times a day to the beach/bus station and we travelled all over the island on public transport which was very cheap and easy to use.We found the walk up the hill to the hotel easy, although some people complained that the hotel was at the top. Best days out were to Palmito Park, which is a full day, and Souix city was worth a visit. Yumbo Centre was a really good night out, and taxi from the hotel was only about 6 euros. Although during the day we did walk twice to Playa di Inglis. lovely walk if you take your time. Market day on Friday at Costa del morgan, catch a bus, it is much cheaper than booking through the rep. We did not book any trips via the rep. we did them all on local buses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The varied entertainment program for all ages and its spacious double and family rooms make this the ideal place to make the most of every minute of a family holiday. Located in Sonnenland (Maspalomas), there is a free shuttle bus service to the beach several times a day. Relax in the jacuzzi between 2 swimming pools and let us keep your family amused with our extensive entertainment program. This hotel is ideal for families or couples seeking a fun place to be and who want to enjoy the day with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Dunas Mirador Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Mirador Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Dunas Mirador Hotel
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Gran Canaria