I travelled with my partner and a few friends to the Dunas Mirador, Maspalomas for one week during April 2012. The hotel looked nice and the rooms were spacious and sufficient for our needs.
We were all inclusive and these arrangements suited our party, the food was typical all inclusive with salads, some attempt at rice dishes (how on earth do you make a rice dish so bland?). There was a strong emphasis on fish dishes. (Ok if you are a fishy person but not for us). There was also a meat choice on the grill mainly Pork, but one day of chicken and one day of steak.
The all inclusive drinks were the usual local beer, local spirits and a selection of soft drinks. However on the first day one person at the bar allowed a dash of lime for the ladies and on the second day the lime was not all inclusive. The bar person was quite rude with this and would not allow lime to be added to the drinks.
Whilst i am on with the bar staff, one particular day I was allowed to convey some drinks to the table using the tray, providing that i returned the tray ASAP but on the second day the tray was not allowed. Although some Spanish groups that were staying at the hotel used the tray regularly??
The poolside snack bar had a very rude and arrogant person that regularly ran this food area, Benito, you need some manners and some training in customer relations and if you are going for some training then take SNTA Lopez with you as she also could benefit from this type of training too.
The only bar that would serve drinks to us was the pool bar that was open until 11:00pm but if you chose to sit in reception next to the adequately equipped bar then you had to pay for drinks as this bar was not all inclusive. Therefore you had to walk in the dark to the pool bar up various steps and ramps dodging sunbeds and chairs then carry the drinks back.
The restaurant staff were also very rude and unhelpful unless of course if you have the native tongue, then they are prepared to bend over backwards for you.
All in all had a good week but this was due to the group of people that we travelled with, what I would like to say to the hotel management team, you need to assess where the financial revenue is generated and ensure that all the staff treat people equally and with respect.
Can’t forget the entertainment team, they work tirelessly throughout the day and are really good with ALL the people there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The varied entertainment program for all ages and its spacious double and family rooms make this the ideal place to make the most of every minute of a family holiday. Located in Sonnenland (Maspalomas), there is a free shuttle bus service to the beach several times a day. Relax in the jacuzzi between 2 swimming pools and let us keep your family amused with our extensive entertainment program. This hotel is ideal for families or couples seeking a fun place to be and who want to enjoy the day with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Dunas Mirador Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Hotel Maspalomas
- Dunas Mirador Hotel Maspalomas
- Maspalomas Dunas Mirador Hotel
- Dunas Mirador Maspalomas Gran Canaria