We were unsure about the Seaside Palm Beach as we had not visited Maspalomas before and we would not normally visit this size or scale of property.
In fact we were extremely impressed by the hotel. We personally liked the colourful and stylish decor in the rooms and public areas which were consistently clean and well-maintained. We were a little disappointed that the double bed was two singles pushed together but using the bedside cabinets as anchors meant that we stayed together over the night...
The main pool is very nice, there is also an adults-only pool which is a long way from the children's activities. The hotel does suffer from the problem of sun loungers being reserved from very early in the morning but we were always able to find somewhere to sit. The hotel guide says that reserved sun loungers not used for an hour could be 'reclaimed' but we felt uncomfortable doing so.
Our highest rating was definitely for the food - the barbecues and buffet breakfasts were consistently excellent with a huge range of very fresh food including luxury items such as steak, lobster and oysters. Service in the main restaurant was superb and we were very glad that we had chosen half-board (again, an unusual choice for us). Our only disappointment was the upmarket restaurant, Orangerie - the night we dined there we were the only customers and the food did not live up to the premium pricing. Definitely, stick to the main restaurant every night.
The location is very good, handy for the beach and dunes and for the (very average) beachfront restaurants.
We would probably not return to this part of Gran Canaria but if we were to do so, we would have no hesitation about staying at the Seaside Palm Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Palm Beach, the first and until now only member of “Design Hotels” on Gran Canaria, can be found alongside the nature reserve and sand-dunes of Maspalomas, set in an extensive palm grove, a unique and privileged location. For those in search of tranquility and the highest standard of cuisine, at just a few steps from the beach, this hotel is the perfect location for couples and families of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Seaside Palm Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Palm Beach Hotel Maspalomas
- Seaside Hotel Maspalomas
- Palm Beach Gran Canaria
- Seaside Palm Beach Maspalomas, Gran Canaria