This hotel is very average. However, for the area, this appears to be the best one can get -- and that's not so bad! It is just more like an average Holiday Inn than anything else, but in comparison to the competition, this is a 5 star!
Mora is a very interesting and unique town. The Zorn museum and town center are lovely. The nearby attractions are worth the trip -- the Dala horse was born in this area -- and taking the trip outside of the major tourist hubs is worth the adventure. Sweden is a beautiful country, and its people are kind and generous of spirit.
Go to see the Zorn Textile Museum -- it has an open air portion with authentic dwellings that date back to the 1200's. Anders Zorn's home and the subsequent museum are a must-see.
Walk the longest pier in Europe, see the Dalhalla ampitheater, read up on the ancient meteor crater, see the horses being made.... the trip to Mora was worth the effort and the Best Western here was quite nice.
It is not a four star, but there is not much available in this area. It is clean and the building is unique -- built in the later 1800s and in the middle of town. The price was decent $140 a night -- and the room was comfortable. Breakfast was GREAT! And the location is lovely. We really enjoyed seeing this part of Sweden and highly recommend it to others visiting the country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1830 Mora Hotell has been welcoming travelers to Mora. With its unbeatable location right in the center of Mora,overlooking Lake Siljan, the hotel is an obvious choice for many visitors. Within a radius of about 100 m you will find shopping, culture and landmarks like the Zorn Museum, the Vasaloppet goal, exciting activities, sports and stunning scenery. A short drive (15-30 min) you will find Santaworld, Orsa Bear Park and Polar World. Excellent cross country and down hill skiing at Gesundaberget and Grönklitt and lots of fun activities for young and old. Nusnäs Dalahorse Manufacturing, Dalhalla outdoor consert hall and much more ... .l Really good food is dear to our heart. Our focus is on wild game dishes and locally grown ingredients, gently cooked to perfection with great knowledge and lots of love. Do not forget to book a table in the restaurant! Treat yourself to a visit to the SaxvikenSpa, where you can enjoy massage and spa treatments, or just relax by the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mora Hotell & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mora Hotell Hotel Mora
- Best Western Mora Hotell And Spa
- Mora Best Western