“really pleasant surprise”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Forli
Budapest, Hungary
“really pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We stayed in this hotel only one day, but that was a pleasant surprise. The hotel are in the walking street, only few steps the city center. The staff is helpful, and speak Hungarian. The breakfast is hearty, fresh, fine. Rooms clean. The all hotel is perfect.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank hocsike
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ireland
Reviewed 24 January 2008

We paid €150 to stay in this hotel for one night (2ad 2ch) due to late flight. I did not think it met 4 star standards. The towels were left on a STOOL in the bathroom, shower was a bit grotty and when I swung the shower head around, it fell down because one of the clips were missing and it was just wedged against the wall. On the plus side, it did have a balcony so we didn't have to go all the way down stairs to smoke and breakfast was adequate. I wouldn't stay again.

Stayed January 2008
4 Thank irishrose3

Travellers are raving about these Forli hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2006

This trip was the first trip out of the Country for me so it was important to me that it be a pleasent experience. The staff at the Masini were EXCELLENT! I was traveling with my cousin who had a son getting married in Forli. The first night we (not being skilled travelers) couldn't get the lights on in the room. So after many tries and laughs, my cousin finally went down to the desk to let them know our delima. The person at the desk was very nice and explained how the card worked. My cousin came back to the room chuckling. The next morning I went to take a shower and turned on the water I went out to gather my clothes and when I came back to the bath room the floor was flooded. I used all the towels to soak up the water. I told the desk when we went out, that I flooded the bath room and we would need more towels. NO PROBLEM! We asked for directions they were very helpful. We wanted to go to Venice but couldn't get a train. The clerk called all around to see if she could find a driver for us to take us to Venice. We needed a ride to the airport and again the clerk called to see if we could get a taxi at four am. We got back to the room one afternoon and the lights were out. I found the maid and told her. I don't think she spoke much English but she came to see what the problem was and indicated she would handle it. In no time the desk clerk was there with a new key. The staff was willing to assist us with anything. They made the stay there very enjoyable.
Joanne

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool UK
Reviewed 3 November 2005

Excellent hotel. Rooms extremely clean, friendly staff, cannot fault service we had whilst there, would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank Bursar60
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 November 2004

We stayed at the Masini in May 2002 by chance and couldn't believe our luck. The hotel is the best placed in town, just a few steps from Piazza Saffi, the hub of life in Forli. The hotel is modern and well furnished in a contemporary style. Ask for a room on the 5th floor and get a large garden terrace overlooking town. The bathroom (it always determines whether I stay or not) was large, modern, fully tiled and had a fantastic truly power shower! Breakfast was complimentary and consisted of toast, croissants etc. - very adequate. The staff really earned this hotel it's excellent rating, they were friendly, accommodating, patient and went that extra mile to ensure we enjoyed out stay - I can't praise them enough. The hotel cost us £70 per room per night, a real bargain in our opinion. As for Forli - it's genuine Italian life, a retreat from commercial Italy and a great place to relax and practice the language.

• Stayed May 2002