“Good and very nice place”
Review of Trattoria 'petito

Trattoria 'petito
Ranked #5 of 393 Restaurants in Forli
Price range: US$ 28 - US$ 51
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Very nice place in Forlì, in summer with garden. Modern style and classy, it proposes non too-traditional dishes, however based on local ingredients. We found the pasta dishes very good. Not exceptional instead the second dishes, spiedone di mora and the baccalà, not bad but overall rather boring, as taste and presentation. We were unanimous in this remark and this is the main reason for the missing fifth star. Absolutely remarkable the desserts. A special mention is well deserved by the pistacchio cream and by the pralines served with ratafià. The personnel is very friendly and attentive. Some dishes require a bit of waiting time and even the menu recommends to ask the waiters for suggestions if you have time constraints. Recommendable and worth a second visit.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018

If you want to eat well, maybe for a special occasion, it's the perfect place. A bit expansive but it diserve the money you spend. Food is great, wine even better, service is gentle and garden is very nice.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

It was so hard to get into this restaurant. I tried calling few times and got rejected. And then I realized you could actually reserve online from their website, and that was a joy for not having to deal with my broken Italian and finally getting a reservation.

Once we arrived, they --as expected-- asked if we had reservation. But, they didn't even check for the names, time, or how many people in the reservation . They just seated us right away. Hmmm...

Service was excellent. Unfortunately for me the food was meh. I wanted something Italian, especially coming to a rather rural town like Forli. But this place served a rather fusion style that didn't scream Italian for me.

They gave us a complimentary appetizer that tasted like Indian deep fried vegetable ball dipped in tomato sauce. It was not bad, but didn't taste Italian for me.

There were assorted breads, deep fried dough, and some other breads coming for appetizer. The deep fried bread they served complimentary tasted like Indian puri. My Indian friend agreed ☝

For the entree I ordered gnocchi. The texture of the gnocchi was not too bad, rather chewy like it's supposed to be. But the sauce was, errr, just ok I guess? It was presented beautifully but it tasted like an American was making it . Maybe if you live in Forli and you want something different, this place is for you. But for an American trying to get an Italian food, I wouldn't reccommend this place.

They're very English-spaker friendly though. So that's a plus I guess if you don't want to deal with the language barrier stress.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Probably the best place to eat in Forli. The food is even better than other places in Bologna/Rimini, but the price is so much lower. We recomand it if you are around and you want an awesome lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Had lunch there a few days ago. The location is very pleasant and the service is both friendly and discrete. Food was fantastic. We were ok with a shared entry and a pasta dish. The coffee tray is a must.

Date of visit: November 2017