All reviews would stay here again rhine switzerland minibar balcony noise shower beds rooms
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Quiet hotel in a small village. However, the hotel would not be out of place in a large city. Very modern with everything you need. Great service, great food and the Rhine only a short walk away. Perfect

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018

This is a lovely small family owned and operated hotel; newly renovated. The beds are comfortable, the water hot and the rooms spotlessly clean. The owners work hard to ensure guests enjoy their stay. Breakfast was more than adequate and the beer cold. There is excellent locked bike storage, parking and the owners speak English. We used Hotel Rheingold as a base for biking out to Rhein Falls and stayed two nights.

As we were booked into Hotel Rheingold by our bike touring company. The hotel has 36 rooms and there were 30 bikes in the shed.. Cycling is big business for this hotel.

Unfortunately, our room (#4) was on the back of the hotel on the bottom floor so the noise of the restaurant/deck filtered down in the evening and we were wakened by early morning cyclists entering the storage compound. I would definitely stay here again but request either a room on the side or the front. As the rooms are not air conditioned, I would also ask for a fan. Yes, we would stay here again just be more selective in our room choice.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floor on the back side.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This place was pre-booked for me as part of bicycle trip. The cozy room has one single bed, but the blanket on the bed it very think, so will be too hot for me. I asked for a thinner blanket, but was told that there is none. The staff speaks OK English. The shower has just half of the door, so part of the bathroom floor got wet. The shower water got hot quickly. The internet is fast. I expect a great buffet breakfast tomorrow morning (based upon other German hotels that I have stayed at).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Only stayed one night but was impressed with the friendly staff, good room and great food. Everyone spoke excellent English. When I told the receptionist I had forgotten my keycard in my room, she joked, "Well you'll just have to sleep outside!"
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We stayed with my wife for 1 night in June 2017 , we arrived late, we liked the hotel, the staff was very friendly and helpful, there is no minibar in the rooms. It was a surprise,the staff are very friendly and helpful,We wanted a top floor room befor coming hotel but we stayed in the ground floor room,

Room Tip: Top floor room preferred
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple