2,136 results
All reviews lough foyle captains bar golf course red castle sea view round of golf overlooking the water evening meal spa treatments lovely hotel waters edge relaxation room sauna and steam room night break bar food relaxing break leisure facilities
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Had been recommended Redcastle Hotel and it turned out to be every bit as enjoyable as we expected. From checking in we found all the staff pleasant, helpful and the location was perfect for us to explore Donegal. We booked a seaview room which was well worth it. Very clean and well equipped. Had a very enjoyable meal in the Captain's Bar on our 1st night and on the evening of our anniversary enjoyed and perfect meal in the main restaurant with lovely views of the Lough - what more could you want. We also had a couple of visits to the Spa which we found very relaxing and once again the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Would certainly recommend this hotel for a short break - just wish we had taken our golf clubs as the 9 hole course looked really nice. Liked the idea of an ironing board and iron. Well done to all staff.

Room tip: Seaview room well worth it - if staying longer perhaps a suite would be suitable.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Eleanor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at the Redcastle Oceanfront Golf & Spa Hotel.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you sincerely for your positive comments in relation to your experiences during your time with us. It is lovely to read that you enjoyed the food in the hotel and also made use of the spa facilities.

I was delighted to read you kind feedback about our team. It is hugely motivational for the team to be recognised in such a positive manner.

We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to Redcastle Hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Arrived at the hotel a bit earlier than check-in but we were checked in without a problem and settled in quickly to a well equipped room with a view of the lough.. The hotel is well set out with lots of places to sit and some fantastic quirky chairs. The swimming pool with steam and sauna room and lots of jacuzzi type areas are brilliant. The view out over Lough Foyle is an added bonus. All staff we met were friendly and warm and nothing was any problem. We had dinner in the hotel on the first night, it was part of the deal, and it was absolutely gorgeous. We sat again looking over the lough as dusk fell and thoroughly enjoyed a good red wine and an excellent 3 course meal. Breakfast is a self service affair and there was a great selection that catered for all needs. Again staff were friendly and attentive, lots of lovely smiles and time for a wee chat along the way. Bed was a great size though very squeaky on my husband's side!! I alerted reception on check out and was thanked for the feedback along with an apology. We don't play golf but there were a number of guests who obviously do and the course looked interesting. A really peaceful 2 day break that allowed us to unwind, visit Derry city and feel as if we had been away for about a month.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Marge,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us at Redcastle Oceanfront Golf & Spa Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us, mentioning in particular the food in the hotel and the location of the hotel. It is lovely to read that you made use of the spa facilities during your stay.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our team here at the hotel, I will certainly pass your comments on to them.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

From start to finish this hotel was excellent. Staff were extremely helpful and polite. It was really clean. The rooms were beautiful and we had a separate wee sitting room. The bar food was delicious although a little pricey. The breakfast was also excellent and we had a view overlooking the water. The pool, steamroom and sauna were so relaxing. I would really recommend this hotel and it is specially good if u enjoy a round of golf. All and all we had a brilliant time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Michelle,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you sincerely for your positive comments in relation to your experiences during your time with us. It is lovely to read you enjoyed the room you were staying in and also made use of the spa facilities.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Pool was lovely but close up it was spoiled by the lack of maintainence. Dirty chipped tiles.
I have never stayed in a hotel that asked me to sign a declaration that I would pay corkage at 10 euros a bottle if I brought any drink or wine not purchased in the hotel, into my room.
35 euros if I stole the robe which I couldn’t have done as they had ‘run out of robes’
Xx euros if I cancelled a spa treatment
Xx euros if I stole a towel
Etc. Etc. The list continued..

Not 4 star at all, far from it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank lizN1558YC

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience.

We are constantly striving to improve our offering to our guests, and daily maintenance and upkeep of the property is of paramount importance to us. In relation to your communication of charges incurred should someone wish to bring their own alcohol in to our licensed premises or remove a bathrobe from the property, it is standard practice to ensure the business is properly compensated for this.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

My daughter and myself came for the wedding show on Sunday and it was the best one we have been at. This is our 3rd stay here as my daughters wedding is booked for next year. On every visit we have been treated so well, all the staff from reception to bar staff have been so lovely. We got a suite upgrade on Sunday which was a nice surprise and a few complementary glasses of bubbles and nibbles at wedding show. I’m sure we will be visiting again before the big day. Keep doing what ur doing Redcastle.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Your_Customer_Care, Guest Relations Manager at Redcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit with us at Redcastle Oceanfront Golf & Spa Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us for the wedding fayre. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the room you were staying in and found the show helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to the hotel again before her wedding next year.