“sweet temptation”

Cafe Baumgartner
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Gmunden
Cuisines: Austrian, Cafe
Reviewed 4 December 2017

After having visited the christmasfair in Schloss Ort, we had lunch at Cafe Baumgartner. The Cafe is opposite the castle and offers a stunning view over the lake Traunsee and the mountains. It´s very nice to watch the sea gulls sitting on the jetty close to the windows. But be careful not to sit under one of the heaters attached to the ceiling, it´s very uncomfortably hot. We had pike perch, vegetable soup and chicken salad followed by a delicious cake called "Schloss Ort Torte". A dream in choclate and much recommended. The staff is very friendly if a little bit confused at times, the selction of cakes, biscuits and gingerbread for Christmas is tempting and we brought much too much home with us. We will definetly be back and if it´s only for the "Schloss Ort Torte".

Reviewed 3 September 2017

An excellent location on the shore of the lake, with a fairly large capacity. I recommend it for coffee and desserts, which are excellent. There is also a wide variety of ice creams.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I visited the cafe a Saturday afternoon and it was quite busy. The waiter gave me the impression that he was in really hurry to get my order and not willing to tell me about the cakes that they had. He just gave me thegerman menu and told me '' here they are''. I ordered a Schoko Schnitte which costed only 3,00€ but it was like it was made from instant mix from super market. Next to that I had a coffee which costed 2,90€.

In general, I could say that it's like a fast food. I was expecting something much better. It's very good If you just enjoy your coffee with the view and you have no expectations for a good dessert.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Very nice place, on the lake shore, with a fantastic view, helpful personnel and good deserts!
We very much enjoyed strawberry knoedls :-)
Nice ice cream! Many thanks!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Had breakfast here it was healthy and delicious n yummmy...ambience is too romantic to be near lake side. Would highly recommend this restaurant.