“Dinner”

Cuisines: Austrian, Mediterranean, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

So let me start ,we arrived in restaurant on reservation time at 8pm. and they tould as our table its not free -we have to wait. So thats life we can understand it...just we exepted in this kind of restaurant welcome drink -when u have to wait on table. Then after 20 min we had table and we choose dinner -we choose fish plate for 2 - waitress tould as that we need to wait one and half hour -its bit long. We didnt believe her and we order this one.We waiting more then hour and half.I dont know if its normall but after one and half hour come waitress with icecream like present.Before main food ???? We prefer after so we leave it. So after 1h45 min we have our food .teast was really delicious just risoto too solty. Just we think it this kind of restaurant with this prices - you exepted faster kitchen. Or different menu which they can menage in kitchen faster.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

...wieder ein wundervoller Abend mit TOP Service, köstlichem Aperitif, sehr schöner österreichischen Weinbegleitung & herrlichem Essen! Herzlichen Dank!
...another wonderful evening here with perfect service team, great aperitif & local wine selection as well as delicious food! Thank you!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Let me start by saying that maybe we got it all wrong - our expectations vs. what Tischlerei staff thought we wanted and that's where it all went wrong. Nevertheless, it was awful. As a group of 15 colleagues we booked a six course degustation menu marked as 'let us surprise you' - boy were we surprised. Maybe other companies spend their business dinners discussing charts and projections but we just wanted a nice dinner which won't last 3.5 freaking hours.

Let's get into detail - the dinner was supposed to start at 7pm, some of us didn't get drinks until 7.30. Note the service was very slow the entire evening which made things even more frustrating. First appetizer came in around 8pm, next one 8.40 every other meal went out slower than the previous one. I'm not a frequent 6-course dinner goer but I don't suppose you need 40minutes between appetizers or soup and main course, that's plain wrong. We finished our meals some time after 10pm and left as fast as we could because everyone was half asleep. After we waited 20 minutes for the bill of course. The entire evening was a horrible drag. Let me say that the place was full with one more group of 8+ people. Definitely no apology to me because that's not supposed to be a problem in a fancy restaurant where you spend ~80EUR p.p.

I wish I could say that everything was saved by the delicious meals we were presented. Unfortunately I can't. Everything we got was mediocre to average, from appetizers to soup, even dessert was nothing you would tell your kids about. The only thing that realy stood out was veil medallions with silky rice - those were absolutely delicious.

Please note that I'm not writing this just on my behalf but on behalf of roughly 15 people that felt the same.

tl;dr: Super slow service, below average meals, wannabe fine dining but can't deliver, not super expensive but definitely not cheap (~1200EUR / 15 ppl) - wouldn't come back.

2  Thank Honza D
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Wow. If this isn’t the best place to dine in Schladming, please tell me. We had a lovely 3 course dinner with the most amazing chateubriand ever. Tender meat cooked to perfection and with the most beautiful and delicous garnish ever. Scallop and seafood salad was fabolous. The carrot sopup a little too much ginger and little carrot to taste, but still good. Nice Austrian wine suggestion by our waitress. Not cheap but very good. Thank you.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018

This is the restaurant we always go when passing the area. No matter its lunch or dinner. Great place, great people, great service, great meals. No compromises. Perfect. Just keep doing everything the way you do.

Date of visit: February 2018