“Köstlicher Abend ”

Cuisines: Austrian, Mediterranean, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

...wieder ein wundervoller Abend mit TOP Service, köstlichem Aperitif, sehr schöner österreichischen Weinbegleitung & herrlichem Essen! Herzlichen Dank!
...another wonderful evening here with perfect service team, great aperitif & local wine selection as well as delicious food! Thank you!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Let me start by saying that maybe we got it all wrong - our expectations vs. what Tischlerei staff thought we wanted and that's where it all went wrong. Nevertheless, it was awful. As a group of 15 colleagues we booked a six course degustation menu marked as 'let us surprise you' - boy were we surprised. Maybe other companies spend their business dinners discussing charts and projections but we just wanted a nice dinner which won't last 3.5 freaking hours.

Let's get into detail - the dinner was supposed to start at 7pm, some of us didn't get drinks until 7.30. Note the service was very slow the entire evening which made things even more frustrating. First appetizer came in around 8pm, next one 8.40 every other meal went out slower than the previous one. I'm not a frequent 6-course dinner goer but I don't suppose you need 40minutes between appetizers or soup and main course, that's plain wrong. We finished our meals some time after 10pm and left as fast as we could because everyone was half asleep. After we waited 20 minutes for the bill of course. The entire evening was a horrible drag. Let me say that the place was full with one more group of 8+ people. Definitely no apology to me because that's not supposed to be a problem in a fancy restaurant where you spend ~80EUR p.p.

I wish I could say that everything was saved by the delicious meals we were presented. Unfortunately I can't. Everything we got was mediocre to average, from appetizers to soup, even dessert was nothing you would tell your kids about. The only thing that realy stood out was veil medallions with silky rice - those were absolutely delicious.

Please note that I'm not writing this just on my behalf but on behalf of roughly 15 people that felt the same.

tl;dr: Super slow service, below average meals, wannabe fine dining but can't deliver, not super expensive but definitely not cheap (~1200EUR / 15 ppl) - wouldn't come back.

2  Thank Honza D
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Wow. If this isn’t the best place to dine in Schladming, please tell me. We had a lovely 3 course dinner with the most amazing chateubriand ever. Tender meat cooked to perfection and with the most beautiful and delicous garnish ever. Scallop and seafood salad was fabolous. The carrot sopup a little too much ginger and little carrot to taste, but still good. Nice Austrian wine suggestion by our waitress. Not cheap but very good. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

This is the restaurant we always go when passing the area. No matter its lunch or dinner. Great place, great people, great service, great meals. No compromises. Perfect. Just keep doing everything the way you do.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Excellent food and service. We had the duck, vension, wiener schnitzel and the vegetarian amounts us had the risotto. The services was prompt courteous and utterly charming. We could only manage the hot love and the whiskey and praline dessert but the entire meal was under 150 euros for four with wine and all served up in under 2 hours. If you want fine dining in an Austrian ski resort this would be hard to beat and well worth it and not a single Wurst in sight.