“It's worth the drive to stay at this wonderful...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
In the nature pool by the shore close to Tvera
Superb location of Lodge Tvera at the fjord
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
TorontoHi...
Toronto
“It's worth the drive to stay at this wonderful West Fjords cottage!”
Reviewed 29 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

My husband, three university-aged children and I visited this wonderful cottage for three nights in August 2015. We took the Baldur ferry (about 3 hours long) from Stykkisholmur to Brjanskslaekur and the cottage is only about a five minute drive from there. Be sure to get groceries (Bonus Store) before you get on the ferry. There is a small hotel about another 5 minute drive which is open in the summer (Flokalunder) where you can get provisions like eggs, milk, etc.

Tvera has 5 bedrooms and all of the beds are extremely comfortable. The kitchen is well stocked, with spices, pasta, etc in the cupboards that you can use. The ocean view from the dining room table and living room is outstanding - There were several books, cd's, and dvd's for our use

I was initially reluctant to book here as there were no reviews. (I get a little nervous when it says "Be the first to write a review!). However, we had already booked 3 nights to stay at Brekka and I saw that it was the same owner. Brekka has incredible reviews so that link was enough for me! We signed a guest book at Tvera and read over all of the previous reviews, going back to 2008. Everyone was extremely enthusiastic as were we!!!!

From Tvera, we visited many places. We went to Pingeyri where my husband and one of my daughters rented bikes at Cafe Simbahollin to do a three hour bike ride up the mountain. My other two kids and I went on to Isafjordur to sight see and also do more grocery shopping (Vinbudin and Bonus). We visited the famous waterfall, Dynjandi. We visited the Sea Monster museum at Bildudalur. We visited Patreksfjordur and popped into the Oddi Fish Plant where we bought the most amazing (and freshest!) catfish. Thanks, Anna!

We walked along the red sand beach at Raudasandur where we took some spectacular photos. Alas, the weather wasn't co-operating so we did not go on to see the famous bird cliffs, Latrabjarg.

I could go on but I will just say this. Make sure you come here. When we went to other parts of Iceland, some of the tourist attractions were so very crowded. It was a treat to be at Tvera - lots of great hiking, lots of great ocean views, great seafood and lots of sheep!

There is an outdoor brazier with lots of wood when you're sitting on the deck!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The remote location, the views, the comfort of the cottage
Liked least: We loved everything!!!! (well, there was a little sheep poo in the grass but that's part of the charm!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing