“Good place, beautiful wild animals”

Joya Grande Zoo y Eco Parque
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We visited Joya Grande Zoo with the kids and they had a really good time, the animals seems to be properly cared and fed because they look good.

The only thing you should consider is the food because it takes more than 40 minutes after you order to food actually be ready.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

I do have to say this was a beautiful trip for me and my family there was a lot to do we went horseback riding and enjoyed the swimming pools. The best thing that I saw was the Tigers and the Lions they were very well fed and healthy extremely clean cages and beautiful animals all around, next time I go I will stay at the cabins. I definitely recommend the zoo to anyone who wants to visit animals that are very well taken care of. I guarantee it 100% I'm very happy to have visited the zoo.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I read the other reviews, and went with an open mind. This zoo is a wonderful attraction and a great place for families. Lots of animals (especially Lions and Tigers). Like all zoos, we know the animals need more freedom and space, but the educational value is obvious to those who visit. The only problem I can say is the distance from the big city (SPS), and the road quality. Don't use google Maps, it gives you the LONG WAY. Go to the Hotel Posada Del Rey in Santa Cruz de Yojoa. They own the zoo and can arrange a shuttle service as the drive is another 20+ minutes on the "new' road.. which is shorter than the Google Maps route (OUCH!) ...more than a hour otherwise.
The zoo also offers an inside "train shuttle" to see the zoo, for those who cannot walk it. Lots of food options, a kids play area, and water park...yada, yada. It you make the trip to anywhere near San Pedro Sula, see this zoo. Admission for adults L.250 ($13) and children <12 is L.150 ($8). We flew from Roatan and rented a car...

Reviewed 31 May 2016

We spent the day with the family and it was a great time. The place is much more than a zoo. I was impressed with how many animals they have and especially the amount of lions and tigers there. I have not seen that many lions and tigers at another zoo. It was also good to see the baby tigers playing around. There are a lot of animals that were born there. There was also a very cute baby hippo.

Besides the zoo, they have a great walk/hike to some caves. They caves are nothing special but the walk/hike there is great and very easy to do with kids or even a stroller.

They had several food options at reasonable prices.

They also had paintball, paddle boats and a little train.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2016

Many people have told me to book a room at the Joya Grande Zoo but the place is perfect for a 1 day visit. It is always to crowded for you to stay the hole weekend. It has a few good restaurants, and is fairly clean. The animal locations are spread around the park but are not in an orderly fashion. I thing they have to many of the same kind of animals. Some areas are dirty and there are not many places for information around the zoo.

It has a good Canopy and other exciting rides like Rhino Rentals, Amphibious boats, Horses, Swamp Boat rides, and a small train that goes around the park.

It is great for family visits but they should rent carts for when little kids get tired, and have more shaded places to seat for adults and water fountains.

1  Thank Hermann S