Lowest prices for your stay
$60
Free cancellation until 13/08/22
Hotels.com$60
Booking.com$59
Travelocity$60
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 December 2019 via mobile

The good:
Easy to locate
Courteous and helpful staff
Spacious rooms
Very small but nice pool
Quick check-in and check-out

The could be better:
Plenty of activities but equipment needs improvement. Eg. TT bats were hardly usable, better to get your own
Health room was always locked
Wifi was very flaky and the voucher codes did not seem to work.

To keep in mind
Very steep gradient climb to the rooms.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank trohit
Manager_upavan, Manager at Upavan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2019

Dear Mr. Rohit,

Greetings from Upavan Resort Wayanad!!!

Thank you for your valuable review. It was our great pleasure serving you here and we are glad in knowing that our service reached your expectations. We will be surely taking care of the points you mentioned above and will be doing the needful at earliest. Please be reminded for reaching the rooms (which is in the third level of our property) we are providing free shuttle service from 09:00 AM to 09:00 PM. And those who wish to park their cars near to their room we do have a parking space there. We thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you here and looking forward to do the same again in the future. Thanks

Reviewed 15 July 2019 via mobile

We wanted to take a halt during our Bangalore Kozhikode drive without going any away from the highway. We reached the resort in the early evening and it was just besides the main road. We took a private AC villa at the top of the property which had excellent view. It's a steep uphill but the resort jeep takes you up on check-in/check-out and otherwise too, on request. The staff from reception folks, to restaurant to security staffs very all were helpful and friendly. Complimentary breakfast was really good, though might not be the best for the price. Washrooms very well maintained, so was the room and bed. The pool is small but clean; play area for kids again is small but nice. I'm unsure about the quality of the deluxe AC and non-AC rooms near the reception. Overall nice place.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sunilp1410
Manager_upavan, Manager at Upavan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2019

Dear Mr. Sunil,

Greetings from Upavan Resort Wayanad!!!

Thank you for your valuable review. It was our great pleasure serving you here and we are glad in knowing that our service reached your expectation. We thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you here and looking forward to do the same again in future. Thanks

Reviewed 5 July 2019

I and my wife stayed here during early June. My homework on this resort prior to my journey was confusing since there were mixed reviews but after my stay here I can personally confirm that they were merely misdirected anger. We started from Chennai by train to Calicut and the pickup was arranged by the resort for an amount of Rs.2000/- (based on my internet research, it was nominal) The driver was very courteous and could communicate in English. My first view upon the resort was absolutely confusing. The building reception was nice and reminded me of a Malabar welcome (dont ask me to define it), the staff were very helpful and without being asked they immediately checked me in early (I guess 3 hours before check in). The entire building was a little old and simple, it wouldnt have qualified for a single star hotel if not for the AMAZING NATURAL LANDSCAPE that elevated it to a resort. For all the people who have high expectations, please be informed that Wayanad is a remote hill station and once in a while power issues / commute issues / lack of Fancy amenities are possible. The room (Honemoon Nest AC) was amazing with a decent balcony but the bathroom was too small for comfort and its door could be better yet it did the job. No mini bar, no complimentary snack, no welcome drink (which never bothered me anyway) I was packing my own snacks and was planning to get my own booze (but couldnt since it was 15 kms away towards the town). Speaking of which, the proximity of the resort to the town is quite far making nearby walks among civilization a challenge. Also there were no proper commutation other than the cab arranged by the resort. (This was the only concern I had since the cabs were available for 3-4 hrs package for Rs.2000/- at all times, making the commute for simple purchases a expensive charade) One of the earlier reviews in this page mentioned that the food was amazing, I second it. The food was simply amazing, every item in the menu was great (especially Continental). Please note that the Malabar cuisine is not for everyone so please pick your items. I was also severely disappointed to know that there was no Beef in the resort cuz I always look forward to eating Parotta and Beef Fry everytime I goto Kerala, however their reason was noble, cuz this was to make their North Indian Guests feel comfortable, really appreciate it. Being a culinary passionate person, I always make it a point to pay my respects to the Chef ad offer my feedback, which I did on the last night of my holiday, it so happens he was a specialist with the continental cuisine hence the merit. I chose a bad time since I was there during Ramzan accompanied by Monsoon and being an Islamic majority town the sight seeing was ruined but had an amazing food (including parotta and beef, strike that from my checklist) at Coffee Grove Restaurant, thanks to the driver who took us out for sight seeing. Almost practically nothing to shop made me think, thank God the resort was a lovely retreat. The resort had a cozy swimming pool (which I dint use), a variety of indoor and outdoor activities (which I used extensively), a reasonable priced SPA with a single masseuse (which I dint use). Since the entire resort is built on a steep slope, the walks to the rooms above are difficult (but possible) so the resort provided complimentary shuttles which will have to be requested 5 mins earlier. I had to leave a little early to catch my return flight for which the resort members cooperated with all my requests such as printing my Boarding Pass, Early Breakfast (request for the tipping box, for some reason it is always hidden), Early transport (Rs.2500 since airport is further away from railway station) and speedy checkout process. I am bad with names but I must say the Reception person, Restaurant person and the cab driver were my favorite of all the staff, who were also very courteous. If you ask me what I have learned:
1. I felt Munnar was better than Wayand per my personal opinionated experience
2. Should have paid some extra bucks and booked through Makemytrip which comes with a personal car and a driver throughout the trip
3. If I want to visit Wayanad for reasons other than retreat and relaxation, I will have to choose a hotel near the town (This resort could be perfect for honeymooners and families, you know the lazy relax kinda thing)
4. While ordering continental / malabar dishes, specifically request to know the ingredients and choose what you like. (My steak had rosemary which I hate and malabar fish curries had a hell of a lot of tamarind chunks as well)

But as you might have figured out by now, this resort is slightly over the budget but worth the money you pay. I would definitely recommend it to any one in doubt and dont be opinionated by the previous negative reviews cuz I have none. Cheers.

Room tip: If you are a couple, just take the honeymoon nest, decent view with a lot of Nature's sounds.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vpr2noir
Manager_upavan, Manager at Upavan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2019

Dear Sir,
Greetings from Upavan Resort Wayanad!!!
Thank you for your detailed review. A review like this will always guide those who frequently checking TripAdvisor before planning their holidays. We are very glad in knowing that our service reached your expectation. We thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you here and looking forward to do the same again in future. Thanks

Reviewed 2 July 2019

Excellent place with good rooms and good views. Staff was polite. Many indoor as well as outdoor games to spend time with friends and family. Restuarant is good and the food is amazing. Prebook breakfast if coming here.

Date of stay: June 2019
Manager_upavan, Manager at Upavan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2019

Dear Mr. Ronak,

Greetings from Upavan Resort Wayanad!!!

Thank you for your valuable review. We are very glad in knowing that our service reached your expectation. We thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you here and looking forward to serve you again in future.

Reviewed 24 June 2019

Stayed in honeymoon nest room offering great view. Front office staff Hamna and her team were very courteous and offered very good service. They got very helpful and realiable auto guy to show around the town. Overall, it was a great experience and stay at Upavan resort.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager_upavan, Manager at Upavan Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2019

Dear Mr. Jawad,
Greetings from Upavan Resort Wayanad!!
Thank you for your valuable review. It was our great pleasure serving you here, we are very glad in knowing that our service reached your expectation. Looking forward to serve you again in future. Thanks