Echo Valley Ranch is one of those places that is hard to describe and do it justice. It is a ranch, a spa, a place of serenity & incredible beauty... but it's more than that. You feel so at home in this place, and the people that are part of the ranch are what make it feel that way. Owners Norm & Nan truly love this place, and it shows. Everyone cares about each other here. Horseback riding, hiking, fly fishing, gold panning, eating (and more eating!), reading, relaxing, spa'ing, swimming, hottubbing, walking. There's everything to do, yet nothing to do. perfect, right?! highly recommend at least 3 nights so you have 2 full days at the ranch. The 3rd night was key to fully relaxing and immersing yourself into this place. The dogs are complete entertainment - watching them keep an eye on everything that goes on around them. They don't miss a beat. "Anna" is the sweetest Collie ever, "JoJo" keeps the other dogs in line (or tries!), and the younger dogs just seem to keep themselves busy. The horses were absolutely spectacular and so friendly, walking up to the fence from the large field to greet me. We learned that Norm & Nan prefer to keep horses and let them roam in the field in their retirement, rather than sell them as is often the practice on a ranch. What a great way to be. Jaranya and her team at the spa and around the lodge are such a pleasure. These ladies come from Thailand and have each been at Echo Valley for 10-18 years. They are truly an unexpected treasure. it's obvious that people are treated well at Echo Valley and in turn, they treat guests like family. After 3 nights we knew everyone's name, and they knew ours. Jason makes amazing food - I think I ate more in one weekend than I usually do in a week at home! The rooms are very spacious and inviting. So cozy to curl up & read a book. The lodge has comfortable spaces everywhere - even downstairs where there is a TV, Pool table, shuffleboard, computer, games tables, and more. There's a hottub for warming up in the evening and an indoor pool that stays at 80 degrees, plus a gym that has more equipment than most gyms I've seen. The spa is second to none. The attention that the ladies pay to the services & surroundings is really superior. I highly recommend the Thai spa services like the Traditional Thai Massage. We would absolutely love to come back & bring our children to the ranch during family weeks in the summer, Christmas, or Easter. What a great way for EVERYONE in our family to have their own vacation, and still be together. Looking forward to coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in 'cowboy country' above the Fraser River in BC's scenic Cariboo Region, Echo Valley Ranch & Spa entices those seeking a restorative sojourn, as well as those looking for a higher-octane activity. Whether your idea of heaven is a trail ride through rolling hills, a 4x4 wildlife safari, or a day at the spa, at Echo Valley guests find harmony and rejuvenation. The fusion of eastern and western influences is best seen at the spa, where both western massage and Thai treatments soothe muscles and mind; while dining options encompass dishes from east and west, fuelled by produce from the ranch livestock and kitchen garden. Activities also include hiking, bird watching and fly-fishing, as well as trips to white water rafting. Winter options range from snowshoeing to ice fishing and snowmobiling. Echo Valley is an idyllic spot for weddings and elopements, and caters to meetings and retreats for corporate groups. Flying into the ranch's private runway is one way to arrive; the ranch is also accessible with a scenic five hour drive from Vancouver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Echo Valley Ranch & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Echo Valley Ranch Hotel Jesmond
- Echo Valley Ranch And Spa
- Echo Valley Hotel
- Echo Valley Resort