Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Having spent the past several years sweating it out in Mumbai, I was really looking forward to some R&R when I visited Kerala. Visiting a hill-station was high on my list of priorities, and I thought Munnar was the place to go. Fortunately, a friend told me about about Vagamon, and Green Meadows. From the moment I saw pictures of the place - I was sold. On top of a hill, magnificent view included - and practically no evidence of civilization for miles around. If there was one thing I wanted from this trip - it was to get as far as I could from the madding crowd. Upon my arrival in Kerala, the journey from Kottayam was pleasant - once you leave last of the towns behind, then it's about an hour of driving through the quiet hills - with some great locations for photographs along the way. Green Meadows itself is located a little away from the town of Vagamon, in the midst of what must've been hectares of uninhabited private property, and away from other resorts of this kind. Any apprehension I had about the quality and service were dispelled as soon as step foot in that homely cottage. The caretaker was warm and friendly, a local who knew the land and seemed genuinely happy to have us. The first thing that hits you when you get there is the view. Unrestricted for miles in front, we spent many hours relaxing on the verandah and just taking it all in. The place is so quiet, that when the rustle of the wind dies down - all you can really hear is the grass growing. I've tried out a lot of expensive stress-relief therapies to undo the effects of a hectic lifestyle, but now I doubt if anything can really replace clean air, sunlight, pleasant weather, and total isolation. I spent an entire evening all by myself on top of a nearby hill, and after some reading decided to see if I could remember what my instructor told me about meditating during the yoga classes I used to take. On top of that hill, ensconced in perfect silence, I discovered the one secret that my yoga teacher never told me. I realized that to meditate, it's not so much about focussing on the meditation aspect - it's about being in an environment that enables it. I felt peace, deep and tranquil, as though the wind has caressed away all my tension.

Moving onto the food, I must say there's not much that's fancy about it. Just delicious Kerala fare, well-prepared, tasty, and satisfying. Clean and homely. If you're looking for any non-Keralite dish in particular, chances are it may not be available, but I was happy enough to sample the traditional dishes that were served up during every meal. Over the next couple of days, my friends and I explored the surrounding terrain - walking through the hills and tea-plantations, the woods at the bottom of the hills - we walked pretty much wherever we wanted. By now it must be clear that this place is not for someone looking for a 'happening' holiday. Quite the opposite, it's for people who would much rather be left to their own devices, with the intention of just relaxing and unwinding. We did go boating on one of the days however. The site is located a little away from Green Meadows, and involved an 8km journey on a 4x4, and about a mile worth of trekking after that. The journey there was nice. For those who are into that sort of thing, there's plenty to see and hear in the way of birds , trees and plants while you're walking there. I enjoyed the boat ride even more. We saw some wild-elephants, boar, and a number of birds during an hour-long trip. There weren't other people around, so the experience really felt like a bit of exploration rather than a commercialized tour! All in all, it was a great experience, something memorable.

Ultimately, I believe the only people who will be unsatisfied after visiting Green Meadows are those who don't know what they're getting into. The amenities are basic but comfortable - no TV or internet, or electronic massage chairs. If you're looking for a touristy holiday, with plenty of sightseeing, souvenir shopping, and exciting things to do - this is probably not what you want. But if you want to lose yourself in some really beautiful, tranquil surroundings, practically cut off from the world and your normal life, live in a place that is welcoming, comfortable, and understated then I don't think you need to look any further. Final words of advice - carry your essentials with you, there are hardly any shops around - so don't count on getting something you forgot nearby. And lastly, this place is in pristine condition - don't even THINK about littering!

Date of stay: December 2011
6  Thank R_Chacko
Reviewed 19 June 2012

When I'd recently decided to spend my anniversary at Kerala, there were several choices. I'd eventually narrowed it down to Wayanad. A friend, however, recommended this place called 'Vagamon'. All I had was the word of this friend as I took my wife along to Green Meadows in Vagamon, and boy, was I glad I took her advice!
Now, the place (a couple of hours from Kottayam) isn't the easiest to get to, and you may well be advised to take a taxi, so as not to be burdened by the driving on the not-so-kind roads. But the location of Green Meadows more than makes up for it. The most striking aspect of Green Meadows is the location of the balcony, and the view it offers. It is not an exaggeration to state that it is absolutely breathtaking to take in the view of the valleys and the distant forests, amid the passing rain clouds. The place is serene, and the caretakers very respectful of your privacy. Not for a minute did I feel threatened by their presence despite the secluded location of Green Meadows. On the contrary, they are pleasant people who go out of their way to ensure that you have a great stay. During the two days we stayed there, the caretakers brought us a variety of Kerala cuisine. Puttu, kappa ... you name it, they made it for us.
There's not much to do, however, for those who are restless by nature. It is not that kind of a place. It is a place to relax. To sit by a loved one with a drink in your hand with a view of the valleys and the lush green forest, amid the chirping of birds and the occasional intrusion of a rain cloud ... Well, I didn't think I had to really do anything else. The room is cosy, the beds are comfortable, the bathroom is clean. And that's about what I look for in a room. Remember, also to take with you whatever you'll need while at Green Meadows. For instance, soft drinks, snacks, etc. For, there are no shops nearby, and while I found it relieving, I can think of many who won't.
The owner (Syril Jacob), despite being physically unavailable at the venue, ensured that we were well taken care of. The couple of days over the weekend that I spent at Green Meadows were more than we had bargained for. It was unexpectedly enjoyable. I look forward to visiting the place again with friends, and allowing them to see what I saw - a pristine location that lets you be yourself.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sudhir_Srinivasan
Reviewed 16 June 2012

As the name suggests "Green Meadow" is indeed a serene meadow set in nature. We truly enjoyed the stay there as it was a place blessed by Nature.The view from the resort is beautiful in the early morning and evenings.The support staff were very well behaved and helpful for giving insights to the places near by. The owner of "Green Meadow" is an artist himself who have made this place to blend with nature.Truly exquisite experience for the price we had to pay.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Peter_Ivan
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We spent a lovely, memorable two days at Green Meadows along with some old friends. The rooms were clean and elegant and opened out to a wide verandah with a fantastic view of the valley and the surrounding hills. The place was perfect to sit back, relax and forget everything.

Long walks in the mist and over the gentle hills. Hot cups of coffee as the air turned nippy. Long conversations with our feet up on the verandah watching the wind play with the rolling grass and the low clouds. The food was excellent and so was the service. We had the most relaxing time of our lives.

Go, while the wind is still blowing and the clouds are still streaming by.......

Date of stay: October 2011
Reviewed 8 June 2012

So four of us (guys) decided to take off to Vagamon for a short break. We had our usual quick search for a place to stay, and Green Meadows seemed to be a good choice and we went for it. I have to say that it turned out to be an excellent choice - food, stay, service, location, everything was brilliant and spot on.

We drove down from bangalore - started at 4am and we reached Green Meadows by around 4. Roads are decent throughout, but be prepared for winding turns and some narrow roads especially as you approach Vagamon.

Green Meadows is around 4-5 kms from Vagamon town, and we reached the spot without any difficulty. The location is quite scenic, especially with a Verandah/Balcony that opens out to the hills. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, and we found the food to be extremely good - especially if you enjoy good mallu food. Everything from Puttu, to rice, to idi appams, egg curry, chana (kadala) curry, and what not.

We stayed for 3 days, of which 1 day was spent exploring the nearby hills, the other two at Vagamon town and nearby locations like Pine Forest, Vagamon Medows, etc.

Overall, an extremely pleasant experience and our heart felt thanks to Cyril (owner of Green Meadows, whom we had the pleasure of meeting as well).

Date of stay: May 2012