All reviews awesome place stayed here homely food slip parambikulam resort families spite pros cons
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Booked this place based on the reviews but got really disappointed with the whole experience.
Fan regulator is there, but not working, getting the water heater to work was a pain each and every day, it took several trips to reception (every day) to get it working for a short time. Half of the light bulbs not working.

Since there was a small number of guest, no buffet, everything needed to be ordered upfront (like order around noon what you want for dinner, otherwise preparation takes too long).
Limited breakfeast buffet, no toast, no juice, no bottle water, ...
Asking several times for black coffee and finally getting tea, served in an old flask.
For dinner we got some soup, servered in a plastic throw away cup, with plastic spoons, after complaining about this, we managed to get a single normal spoon.

Luckely there were some things to do for the kids - they enjoyed the adventure climbing (although the 750 rupees price per person is quite high).

Staff is friendly and helpfull.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Its a beautiful property amidst a coconut groove. Very peaceful and has all the interiors in the heritage style. Friendly staff add to the advantage. There was a personal touch by Vivek (one of the owners)himself to every visitor. Although there are only non AC rooms the breeze can make you forget the heat. Would be a great place to visit esp in monsoon, with friends and family

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Praveena M
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

With my family went to Parambikulam, Aliyar Temple for two day trip . I chose this resort after going through their reviews. Not disappointed.  The Resort is located only in the foothills but closer to the checkpost. Quick access to the checkpost in the mornings as it becomes crowded during the holidays.Descent stay. But No AC rooms available .Food is Okay and to be on time , we need to place the order prior. We spent our second day morning on resort itself on the activities they developed with the ropes.We paid an extra cost.Overall their hospitality is appreciable as they show attention on us everytime.

I will recommend this place for a descent stay for a family trip.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2016

The Room & the Location of the Property s Good. They Had a Lot of Games Activities in the hotel Premises itself. The best part was Cycle Ride we did. Food varieties are limited but good . About the room, clean bathroom and neat bedsheet. During afternoon, the climate is hot but in the night had a good sleep.I stayed in tiz hotel with my Company colleagues .Ll be coming with my family soon as the place and ppl servicing us is good .

I will recommend this place as clean and safe place over that area for stay.

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Tiger Hills Resort is a pathetic place to stay. All the reviews are over rated. No regulators for fans, the heater doesn't work. I was given another room on these complaints. The bathroom had water logging and the water flow was also bad. Complained these issues and got it fixed. Lot of ants around. Poor cleaning and the housekeeping team is very bad. TV wires were loosely plugged to the power outlet and hence couldnt watch TV. I was fed up calling the hotel guys to fix it.

How many complaints can I tell them? I told this to the management and they have reasons to justify. Food on the first day was so pathetic. The reason I give them 2 stars is just because they allowed me early check in. Dont believe these reviews and book. Ambience is good though. I seriously suspect if these reviews are true.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank raj k
vivek_chidambaram, General Manager at Tiger Hills Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

After the review, our management called on the guest and gave our concern for the inconveniences caused to him. On that particular day there was a acute power shortage, which rarely occurs. The same fan regulator issue was suggested by another guest and it is addressed now in all rooms. (Photo enclosed). As it is a forest buffer zone ,ants &insects are part of the place. We are not using any pesticide or insecticide to support the ECO systems. But for safety & comfort , netlon & meshes are provided where ever necessary (Photo enclosed).
Even though we could not provide or full fill the expectations of this gentleman we assure that this will not happen in future and his comments are taken with positive spirit. . Rectifications for the same has been taken at once will definite satisfy the guest during his next visit.

Our management personally feel that the comments by guest on our performance may be accepted in a right sense. But his remarks on the other guests review is over action and a kind of imbalance in his approach which we feel there may be an "inner motive or pre judicial"