All reviews the cottages stay there again dome gate dora mall johannesburg
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I recently stayed at the Klip-Els Guest Lodge, and although staying in the ungraded rooms, I was very satisfied with the cleanliness and comfortability of the Lodge. It is surrounded by a lot of trees which almost eliminates the sound of traffic and is very tranquil with an abundance of birdlife. I did not feel as if I was in 'suburbia' and the staff were friendly and polite.
I walked to The Dome and felt reasonably safe. The breakfast was basic, but, nice and I would return here again.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Roux B, Owner at Klip-Els Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you so much Bernard. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

I traveled with friends for a concert at the Dome in North gate which is located close by. We only spent a night in the property but would surely recommend it. the rooms were clean and the staff friendly.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roux B, Owner at Klip-Els Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We have been staying at KlipEls twice a year for roughly 6 years.
Its a remarkable place to escape to after a long day of work.
The best part, is the escape to the "wild" yet 2 minutes from city bussel.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roux B, Owner at Klip-Els Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thank you so much for grasping and enjoying the essence of Klip Els.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Personally greeted by Sharon when we arrived. Professional and very friendly. We had an awesome stay at Klip-Els in Johannesburg. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Wish I could have stayed for a week. Quiet and peaceful.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Just to start, I will go back if I need to stay in Randburg again.

But I think "4 star" might be pushing it. Let me start with the pros:

Swimming pool.
I really enjoyed the breakfast and hospitality during the meal.
Secluded and no traffic noise.
Security.
Parking.

And now the cons. These are things I kind of expect from 4 star places:

No air-conditioning in a graded room.
Little soaps/shampoo and and stuff in bathroom is replaced by a bottle of stuff, not little give aways.
The shower doesn't have a door, maybe a personal preference of mine.
The curtains in the bathroom doesn't keep the garden lights out at night.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Departure555719
Management response:Responded 11 November 2016

Thanks for your balanced comments. We do not have air-conditioning in any of our rooms due to environmental considerations. We do make use of fans. The shampoo container is required for 4 star grading, but we note your view on this matter. The faded light through the bathroom window can be eliminated by closing the bathroom door. Some of our other rooms have shower doors, but this particular room was designed in this way. Thanks again, please feel free to visit us again and share your views with us. We appreciate your input.