“Nice hotel but no pillow fights here!”

Clarion Collection Hotel Bolinder Munktell
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Eskilstuna
Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice hotel but no pillow fights here!”
Reviewed 11 April 2012 via mobile

This was our second visit to this hotel which is actually quite nicely located on the river. Its the former hq of historic volvo plant machinery and has an industrial museum nextdoor which is free to visit if a hotel guest if you wish. The hotel staff try really hard to satisfy and are very pleasant and helpful. One really good bonus is the hotel provides both an afternoon tea and main evening meal for its guests which is free of charge which adds exceptional value to the stay. Some reviewers have stated the food is like school food but this is personal choice and im disappointed that such comments are passed when the hotel is trying to offer something which is far above most normal hotels offerings. The rooms were fine and we had a newly refurbished bathroom which was better than our last room. My only issue was the pillows were so small that a folded pair of socks would be bigger. I requested if larger pillows were available but i ended up buying my own at a local bedding store. Nice stay though!

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank julian b
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Finnish first
Nice
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I got to stay in Eskilstuna many times and Bolinder is definitely my first choice. The rooms are ok/nice, the service is always very helpful, the parking can be reached directly via the hotel. There is a "free" restaurant (simple buffet style) which is excellent: no need to go out, to go for fancy things, to chosse in a menu: it's there (not breath-taking, but usually ok). If you really want to go out, the city center is 5min walk from the hotel (nice walk along the river).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank StephT06
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel in October 2011. The location is very good as it is a 2 minute walk from the centre of town and also is situated right next to the river which makes it quite picturesque. I was quite surprised however that a hotel that classes itself as 'first class' offered me a single bed. Higher class hotels I stay in these days always offer a double for single occupancy room. Especially when I am paying over £100 per night. The room was comfortable enough however my ensuite bathroom only had one floor mat and a skimpy body towel. I was happy to help the environment and keep my towels for the second day I was there by hanging them up on the rails but the cleaners not only changed the skimpy towel but took the floor mat away and didn't replace it! I was also disappointed to find that the only toiletry offered was a soap dispenser in the shower and on top of the sink. I wouldn't have minded however they didn't even offer to supply any other items such as a shower cap at the reception desk. Also when I travel to budget hotels I bring my full set of toiletries with me but when I am coming to a 'first class hotel' I expect these items to be provided.
The breakfast was fine, it wasn't that extensive but there was a nice selection of hot and cold items.
The hotel was spotless and the staff were friendly so I came away feeling like I would use the hotel again if I were to stay in Eskiltuna in the future.

Room Tip: If you want to have a view of the river from your bedroom window, request this upon booking.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ReviewbyLaura
Mjolby, Sweden
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We visited the Parken Zoo and on a whim decided to stay the night in Eskilstuna, we gave the Bolinder Munktell a go. Reception staff was very friendly and helpful.
After checking in we went up to our room, it turned out to be a nice and bright room overlooking the river.
Besides breakfast, afternoon tea/coffee and a nice evening buffet are also included in the price which makes the Bolinder Munktell quite a bargain. The breakfast was quite good as well and contained everything you would expect. The staff in the restaurant was also very nice and friendly.
Overall, a pleasant surprise. Very good value for money and we would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank j_a70
gothenburg
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Never never again!! Poor service, and worst of all - the breakfast was so bad we could not believe it was called a "first class hotel".

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank lilliamilia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eskilstuna
0.6 km away
Sundbyholms Slott
#5 of 9 in Eskilstuna
26.3 km away
Elite Stadshotellet Vasteras

Been to Clarion Collection Hotel Bolinder Munktell? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK