Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Vilamoura
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Just back having stayed a week here. It is expensive but you get what you pay for. The room was small enough, but very comfortable. The whole place is spotlessly clean. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast was excellent, we did not have an evening meal there, but looked in and it looked good, if expensive at 29.50 for a buffet meal. The shuttle buses were limited but we used to get the shuttle down to the marina at 7 or 8 and then get a taxi back later.....taxis cost on average 3.90. Did not get to use the spa but had a walk round and it looked good. We met people from home who were staying in the Crowne Plaza at the same time as us and they were not impressed with their room and had to pay for an upgrade (240) and said the standard of food was extremely poor and luke warm. We were glad that the Crowne Plaza was booked out for our stay and we picked the Hilton instead. ....would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Had a week at the Hilton Vilamoura in April 2012. I can honestly say that it is the best Hilton I've ever stayed in. The service was exemplary from start to finish. The staff here simply cannot do enough for you. The hotel (in fact the whole town) was fairly quiet in mid-April so they had the time to talk and help with local advice when needed.

My wife and I were sat at breakfast on the final day of our holiday trying to think of something about the hotel that we didn't like. The biggest thing we could think of was one morning where the tea and coffee in our room was only partially replenished! That was it!

We had breakfast every morning (typical Hilton breakfast, they're 90% the same all over the world); we ate in the bar one evening and in the restaurant on three other occasions. All superb.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here in the last week of April and had the most amazing time. The hotel is lovely, and the staff are what make it great. Nothing was ever too much trouble and they seemed to be able to know what we needed before we knew ourselves! So very attentive, helpful and friendly from check in to check out. We had a late check out on one of our rooms so we could spend our last day by the pool and really didn't want to leave ... we had a great time. Yes, the shuttle bus doesn't run too late but the walk back to the hotel wasn't too bad and we were only charged 3.99 euros for a late evening taxi ride for 4 which we felt was excellent value and yes the pool area does have a hint of Disney but the whole place was immaculate. Dine a street back from the marina for best value and service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank n55ras
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed 5 nights end April and booked through hotel website managing to secure great lastminute B&B rate of £68/nt for 2 adults & child in standard room. Rooms wre only big enough really for 2 people, so did feel tight for space but I was being tight with money, so hey ho! Rooms were well furnished, modern with large balcony and bathrooms had walk in shower as well as separate bath in open plan style with blinds. Housekeeping was consistent but not always timely, often room wasn't cleaned til late afternoon. The Hotel was very quiet, I think occupancy was running at only 42% during our time there. Consequently, the only dining options were a buffet option of eu29 each or the Rubi bar for 'snack style food' (although, I must say the Caesar Salad was pretty good). They had entertainment here a couple of nights and it was very good and provided much needed atmosphere to the place. The children's club had some great looking facilities but there was a charge of approx eu20/day to leave your child in the morning or afternoon sessions. My daughter never used it as there were hardly any other kids staying. I had a look around the Spa and it was spectacular but pricey but there were special offers. Children were also permitted in to use the hot pools for a couple of hours in the mornings for eu15 each. As mentioned in other recent reviews, given the early season, there was no shuttle to the beach, just the marina and this was only twice per day 11am and 3pm. The marina was a flat 30min walk away, although not particularly scenic but had lots of places to eat/drink, a few shops, internet cafe etc. The Hotel boasts 6 pools but not one of them was heated (bar one and that was still cold) - my 11year old daughter refused to go in any of them! No cascades/waterfalls were turned on during our stay. Sunbeds were cramped far too close together, so I imagine in high season not quite so pleasant. There were excellent gym facilities available 24hrs. The staff were friendly and professional (thank you Mario) but I got the impression that the hotel was run in the interests of the management as opposed to clients. One day, wanting to return to my room from the pool area, they had cordoned off practically half the reception area to clean the floors at midday and they expected me to walk a huge detour. They did this a couple of times which really inconvenienced the customer. There was a card system in place for towels. I was told off one day for moving a sun umbrella...... One client wanted a freshly cooked egg but the chef refused to do it because there were others available. This was not what was expected of a 5* establishment. Whilst the breakfasts had plenty of choice and was of reasonable standard, again not what I expect of a 5* hotel. To me, it was more like Premier Inn standard - don't get me wrong, the food choice was fine but it lacked 5* finesse. I don't think the pastries were baked on site and some of the fruit looked/tasted tinned. There was only 5 choices of breads. The orange juice wasn't freshly squeezed etc etc. The placemats on the tables were paper and the napkins were also paper ones. It felt more like a canteen. The clientele were mostly British and during our stay, there seemed to be a few single sex groups from the North who on 2/3 occasions returned to their rooms late at night in full fanfare with no consideration for other sleeping guests - how selfish and inconsiderate - you know who you are. I asked for a late checkout but was asked for £55 til 4pm, only £15 less than a full night's accom! At other 5* hotels, a free courtesy room has often been provided with booked time slots. It's not difficult is it? It is these small goodwill gestures that a hotel makes that makes a lot of difference to clients perception and experiences. Overall, I guess I would say that I enjoyed the stay and if I'm honest, the bad weather probably put a dampner on things. I think if I'd paid much more, I would've felt a little shortchanged as the overall quality wasn't quite 5*.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank hailmaxi
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Amazing hotel, a real 5 star, the staff is brilliant and always keen to help. The spa is giant and a very good experience.

Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank swissyodel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vilamoura
2.3 km away
8.0 km away
Conrad Algarve
Conrad Algarve
#1 of 14 in Almancil

Been to Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK