All reviews omelette fantastic breakfast hotel breakfast nice room great view excellent hotel next morning modern design business room hotel is located hurtigruten cruise superior room our night stay clean hotel scenic view great selection salmon
Reviewed 20 August 2018

During my stay here, the hotel literally managed to do nothing right. The problems started out minor, such as being unable to find a waiter to order a drink in the bar in the early evening, and having to go to reception. Then the waiter disappeared again and I had to go to the reception to pay for the drink. The next morning my feet stuck to the floor in the elevator (someone had spilled soda or juice I presume), and I informed the receptionist at 0830. I was shocked to find the floor still filthy and sticky at noon. The last minor problem was receiving my laundry literally soaking wet.

The major problem was that I got severe food poisoning in their restaurant (Paleo Arctic) on the second night of my stay. Now is four days later and I am taking an intestinal antiseptic to resolve the problem, but I spent the night vomiting after having eaten only two meals that day, both in their restaurant. I wrote a separate review about this.

In fairness to the hotel, the duty manager when I checked out removed the laundry fee from my bill, and also removed the restaurant charge. I think the poor service in the evening is due to the absence of a duty manager after around 1800, which the hotel should correct. So the minor problems can be forgiven, but the severe food poisoning cannot.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Nicholas R
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night on our trip through Lofoten and were not dissapointed. We booked a superior room and noted that we would like a room with a view. This placed us in a «Superior Panorama» at the 8th floor with an amazing view! The hotel and rooms had recently been refurbished and looked great. The staff was service minded and friendly. The breakfast is hard to describe and should be experienced first hand. It was simply amazing and we’re coming back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kari A, Service & Quality Coordinator at Thon Hotel Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Marius K, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review and feedback. It is really appreciated. Glad you enjoyed your stay, and liked the room and the view. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the breakfast that we serve every day. We are looking forward to welcome you again. Kind regards Kari, Thon Hotel Lofoten

Reviewed 13 August 2018

The stay was excellent! We loved the room, view, breakfast and the friendly staff! The breakfast had so much to offer, the staff was really helpfull and friendly and the rooms were clean and really spacious and the view from the panorama suite was amazing.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Kari A, Service & Quality Coordinator at Thon Hotel Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Markus S, thank you so much for taking your time to give us this nice review. So glad you enjoyed your stay, and liked the breakfast that we serve every day. Kind regards Kari, Thon Hotel Lofoten

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in a Business room (259). The business rooms (like the Apartment suite) are located behind the real hotel (the only one showed on the website) in an older yellow building with no view on the harbor or the fjord. I don’t remember having read anything about this separate building on the official website.

The pros
Nice staff at the reception who tried to help when we first got a room under the roof (Appart suite) that we did not book.
Very nice breakfast choice. For once quantity was synonymous of quality.
Good size of the room. Very quiet room despite being on the first floor with windows on the street.

The cons
Definitely a hotel for group, when we arrived we had 3 full buses of tourists checking in at the same time. Not ideal for couples.
Our strong recommendation is to avoid all rooms in the old building. They are behind the main hotel with NO view on the harbor or the fjord! So in our case we paid for a “better room” compared to the superior room and all you can see is the street.
Design and furnitures of our room were very basic (but clean and functional).
The building we were look more like an old hospital and could use a bit of renovation (see pics).

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lph2007
Kari A, Service og Quality Coordinator at Thon Hotel Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear lph2007 - thank you for taking the time to give us your review and feedback on your stay. First of all I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, and that you did find the room spacious and quiet.

Thon Hotel Lofoten has guest rooms in different categories and to guarantee sea or mountain views, you can book an upgraded room category. I'm sorry if this information does not appear clearly on the website. You stayed in the historical part of the hotel, renovated together with the rest of the hotel in 2016-2017. I do regret to know that your experience with us did not reach your expectations.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

My wife and I visited the very nice hotel in August 2018. The hotel is located perfectly in the harbor in the centre of Svolvaer. Even though it was uncharacteristically hot, the room was cool enough, which made for a good nights sleep. The hotel interior design is colorful yet balanced and beautiful. We had a superb 3-course dinner in the restaurant. The menu is very creative and the food was both delicious and artistically presented. The wine was also good. The staff was generally excellent, specifically so in the restaurant where we had the pleasure of being assisted by a very nice sommelier.

Date of stay: July 2018
Kari A, Service & Quality Coordinator at Thon Hotel Lofoten, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Martin F - thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback and review on your stay. It is really appreciated. Glad you liked the hotel, the room you stayed in and that you enjoyed the food and service in our restaurant: Paleo Arctic. Welcome back.