“With a group of 10”
Review of De Beren Hoofddorp

De Beren Hoofddorp
Ranked #60 of 124 Restaurants in Hoofddorp
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Was there with a group of colleagues. I had an appetizer and as the main course a Burger. Bust must say that a Burger at McD of BK is better for half the price. But the fries where good though. The appetizer was tasty but really small. Not worth the money. Sorry.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Food was really good but it took ages before I was served. People coming up to 15-20 minutes later than me had their food 30 minutes earlier. People next to me with unlimited Spare Rips even had the second round whilst I was still waiting.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Overall we had a nice experience with my wife and daughter. We came on a Friday night without reservation and were offered a table. The food was very nice and affordable. We had a pleasant time. My desert was served very quickly, but they forgot the one of my wife and we waited 40 min. It was very busy. At the end they apologized for the delay and offered us the desert and all drinks. Welcoming and friendly.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We met here as a group of 9 family and friends. The two-course meal of ribs etc was well-priced at 17.5 Euros but was spoilt by the staff forgetting the second course which, finally, arrived too late to finish it before an evening appointment at the theatre.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I've been a 'de Beren' lover for years.
Went to this one in a Sunday evening for dinner. Easy access from high way, easy parking.

The Beren restaurants are always decorated with toy bears, and this one in Hoofdorp relatively simple and lean with decorations. I missed bears a little here, but okay I came for food.

Seated at a corner, not a busy evening. The ground floor was about 80% seated. Had a looong waiting for making oders, after drinks were served. The waiting time was too long, so I am now removing a star.

Ordered spare ribs and vegetarian risotto. Both are delicious and I have compliments for the taste and quantity.

Tried apple crumbles, also good.

Recommend it to meat lovers. You may not get a long waiting time as I did. In general it's good value of money.

Date of visit: March 2018