Alexander Hotel(Noordwijk)
Hotels.com
US$ 227
US$ 219
  • Pool
de Baak Seaside(Noordwijk)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
US$ 146
  • Beachfront
Flying Pig Beach Hostel(Noordwijk)(Great Value!)
US$ 146
US$ 98
US$ 359
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2017

I booked our two-night stay the night before our stay during the height of tulip season and this was literally the only place within short cycling distance of Keukenhof.

I realized that we weren't staying in a hotel and that the park was semi-self catered. As such, we had to rent towels during our stay. We also had to pay for disposing our bag of garbage. This was all fine - however, I was annoyed that on top of paying almost 300 euros for our two-night stay, we were assessed a cleaning fee of approximately 60 euros. I booked our stay on Expedia, and the cleaning fee was buried in what I would call fine print. This is VERY poorly presented in Expedia, and I'm not sure why this wouldn't be more obvious, or even just included in the price so you know what you're paying for. Especially since a bunch of other fees and taxes were already included in the original booking price. When I went and looked at my normal primary booking tool (booking.com), it was much more clearly presented.

On top of this, there was a list of things that had to be done at checkout (e.g. removing sheets, etc.) and the document with this info seemed a bit threatening (e.g. if instructions not followed to the "t", further charges would result). When I asked the person at the front desk about the extra fees, she deflected blame to Expedia.

Another minor annoyance was that the cleaning staff were monopolizing the laundromat during my stay to the point that I ended up moving a bunch of their stuff around so that I could do one load of laundry.

The bottom line was that I really felt that the prices and amenities weren't really as advertised.

All this being said, our little "home" was comfy, spacious and clean. The bed was comfy and the wifi worked. The location was easy cycling distance to Keukenhof and there's a nice restaurant a few minutes away on foot. The grocery store is easy to get to by bike, but is not walking distance.

If you stay here, just beware of extra fees and carefully read the fine print. I would recommend not booking on Expedia - use booking.com and carefully review the charges before committing.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blue_Bomber_fan
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Spend a week in an apartment. As one of the top floor apartments with a roof terrace which was quite dirty and the tiles on the floor was loose. We also experienced that a lot of the plates, glasses etc. was dirty.
Upon arrival part of our "welcome package" was a token to use when throwing away our garbage. Getting more tokens would set you back another €1. Not a big deal, but in principle I believe that this should included in the already paid rate. Especially considering the €30 per person service charge, which we had already paid.
The swimmingpool was not at a size matching the number of people in the park, hence it was overcrowded most of the time.
Food at the restaurant was fairly good and reasonably priced. The area with the beach and small towns was very nice.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Having stayed in a static caravan in the UK, I wasn't expecting much. It was well priced and it meant that our children could have a bedroom to themselves so I thought why not? I was so wrong! It was so luxurious, with a dishwasher, central heating, wifi (which worked well and was included in the price) and heated towel rail, I was in heaven. It was all tastefully furnished and decorated, everything worked and was clean, my idea of caravanning.

The welcome we received from the front desk was lovely. Given that I speak literally no Dutch everyone's English was really welcoming. I was pleased to receive a free bag of tulip bulbs which will be a great reminder of our trip. They had a little welcome pack for us to get us started, dishwasher tablets, bin bag, scourer. I must get out more as I thought this was really helpful and a nice touch.

We went to the restaurant for dinner, the food was really good and great value. The service was great too, a really nice evening with only a short walk back to our caravan.

We got tickets to Keukenhof from here and also ordered bikes to hire. We had a little carriage for the children which took a little while to arrive, we really should booked it the day before so that it was ready for us to use first thing in the morning. The people in reception were very knowledgeable and very helpful with any of the little queries we had.

We went into Noordwijkse as there is a supermarket there. It said it was the biggest in the area, so I was expecting a Tesco Extra sized place but the town is small and the supermarket is in a semi pedestrian area which we thought we had gone the wrong way! The supermarket is great and again everyone speak English beautifully, there is also a discount card to use.

There is a children's play area and alo a little swimming pool which was not ready to use when we visited but I imagine it would be nice in the summer. The children loved the play area and had to be dragged out to go to dinner.

The area is lovely and quiet with cycle paths everywhere and a relaxed pace of life, we will definitely be returning next year.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Apartment was clean and equipped.From balcony we had good view of Tulip fields. We were 4 (2Adults+2 kids).
Please note Euro 30 / person is charged (3+ year) as service charge (for cleaning/sheets etc). So while booking calculate the total cost accordingly. Its a nice place to stay especially if your a big family, instead of costly hotels. Dont forget to leave used sheets and waste in plastic cover given while vacating the apartment. Kuekonhof Tulip garden was 15-20 min drive from this apartment. Only problem is since this is outside central place, you need to have car or hire taxi. Public transport is not in reachable limit.

Stayed: April 2015
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Booked this park in May 2014 for 1 week as location good for either direction also near beach paid 527 euros for week arrived at park at 4.55pm after travelling by car and ferry from kent to be told office was closed and key in holiday home which was fine but the receptionist was very rude and abrupt because she finished at 5 even though she was already had locked up and had her coat and car keys in her hand, also told to come to office next day as had to pay extra 171 euros 21 euros for the park and 50euros for end of cleaning 100 euro deposit if you didn't leave TV to off or strip beds and put in pillowcases etc they would take money from this the other gripe is they do not have bins for you to put your black bag rubbish in so you end up with smelly begin holiday home until you leave internet is 7.50daily for the fastest connection or 12.50 for 3days overall park very clean and kept well swimming pool not big at all and not suitable for size of camp did not test out restaurant as closed on most days that we were there,nothing to do on site if raining other than watch TV which twice stopped working for day and half due rain I presume .everywhere you went in holland was pay pay pay even to use the loos in service stations cost you 0.50cents bear this in mind if you have children small play area very small children's pool the beach is within 3km would not book this park again it had a good position but there were other campsites for tourers etc just a few yards down the road which might have been better and more friendly

Room Tip: Fine if you want to tour area, but no good if you want a holiday experience beach is within3km from park
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple