All reviews huis ter duin sea view michelin star beach house la terrasse soccer team an update great location on the beach wonderful hotel public areas business conference old fashioned bit dated off season short break room was spacious beach front
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

great location for a business convention with plenty of presentation and meeting rooms. Bedrooms large, comfortable and pleasant with very comfortable bed. No ironing facility in room is surprise for this class of hotel. Great view of dunes and beach. Lunches were only average but dinners were good.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Monique v, Managementassistant at Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving such a good review for Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin. All of our rooms should have an ironing facility. We will check this right away. We regret that you found that the lunches were only average. We would like to know what we can do in your opinion to improve this.
Kind regards, Monique van der Wildt

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Was there last June and returned with a travel group of 14 friends. the staff is well trained including the reservation personnel. Always hard with a large group and last minute caneclations but this family owned top hotel understands how to take care of the customer. Highly recommend the Ocean view rooms in is slightly higher . Great to stay when arriving from a long flight with time difference walk the endless beaches and acclimate.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 25 April 2018

We used this hotel as our base for our Car Club Tour to the Keukkenhof gardens as it is conveniently situated for seeing the flower parade.On our arrival approx 3pm we were told that we would have to wait as our room was not ready I asked if we could have one of the rooms that was ready and was told that all the rooms were allocated and we would have to wait. Luckily our room became availiable within a few minutes. Later that afternoon I was speaking to several members of my party who told me that they had waited over two hours to get into their room. At about 6pm one of our members booked in and was given a room, on entering found it already occuppied he returned to reception were he was given an upgraded room with a sea view, the conversation was overheard by another member of my party who was booking in at the same time and they were allocated a room overlooking the car park as I found out later that the rest of my party had been given similar rooms. Later that evening I was haranged by one of my party who stated that we had written up the hotel in our road book and this was not a 5 star hotel only rating it as 3 star. and in view of the room she had been given would not travel with me again. I must state at this point I have been taking our club members on tour worldwide and have never had this type of complaint before,It did not help that only one lift was working and the swimming pool was also our of action as well.
On my return to the UK I spoke to my travel agent who told me that they had booked all of my party into sea view rooms and the hotel manament had made the mistake over room allocation.
It was obvious to me during my stay that the staff were poorly trained in their duties and there was a shortage of cleaning staff, one of my members returned to his room at 6 pm and it still had not been serviced.
The hotel advertises itself as a 5 star establisment but delivers only a 3 star sevice.
My whole stay was ruined by the incompetence of the manament and I will not return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: demand a sea view or you will get a view over the car park
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank simonWinchester
Monique v, Managementassistent at Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear Mr Winchester,
Thank you for the time and effort you have taken to review your stay. We are very sorry that it did not meet your expectations. We have evaluated your groups stay with our management and will take action accordingly.
It was very unfortunate that the lift went out of order and could not be ment immediatly due to a part that had to be ordered. Despite that there are 2 additional lifts which can be used by our guests as well it is very inconvenient.
The maintenance on the swimming pool is necessary and there is never a good moment to do this. There were alternative possibilities available, but we appreciate that this is an addition to your feelings.
Thank you again very much for your effort to inform us about your findings.
Kind regards, Stephan J.A.B. Stokkermans, General Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel some location look like the Titanic , which a like very much.
Could be in better state of maintenance.
The breakfast was ok, but the lunch very Dutch and should be more European.

The room his very nice and with enough space.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I used to stay in this hotel during my business trips and I have to say that is a good hotel, specially if you stay in the renewed area. But, this time I've had a very bad experience. I will say it was a very disgusting situation for me.
My luggage was lost during the travel and I have stayed in Noordwijk without my personnel belongings. I bought some cosmetics and first need articles at the airport (total value 120 €). When I left my room in the morning in order to attend to a business meeting, I stored all these things (the only I left in the room because I lost everything) inside the wardrobe and I close the wardrobe. When I returned back to the hotel in the evening all my things had disappeared. I reported this event to the hotel staff, they explained me that may be the staff making the bedrooms thought that I had forgotten these articles in the room after making the checkout. The staff checked in the lingerie trolley without sucess. They apologized and offered me to provide me some articles during my stay. The only thing I received was a dental kit (a tooth brush and a small tooth paste tube). The situation was ridiculous; articles of 120 € value disappears from your bedroom during your stay at the hotel and the answer of the hotel is giving you a tooth brush (that is not provided as part of the ammenities of the hotel and in a 5 starts hotel it should be). Is it a joke? On top of that, there was not a safe box inside the room.
This kind of situations cannot be tolerated in a 5 stars hotel.
Firstly, the hotel staff should check carefully if the guest has made the checkout or not before removing his/her personel belongings from the bedroom. Secondly, if a guest has forgotten any personnel belonging in the bedroom the hotel staff should report it properly and your personnel belongings should not disappear. Finally, if it is a staff mistake or the room has not safe box, the hotel must compensate you.
I cannot believe that this could happen in a 5 start hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business