Villa Rosmarino
  • Restaurant
US$ 168
Priceline
US$ 105
Hotel Manuelina La Villa(Recco)
US$ 147
La Vela Hotel(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$ 171
US$ 167
Hotel La Camogliese(Camogli)
TripAdvisor
HotelQuickly
Hotel Casmona(Camogli)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Room Service
All reviewsitalian gembreakfast was beautifully presentedfellow guestsrestaurant recommendationswonderful hostswonderful reviewscommunal breakfast tableearly septemberhill overlookingbreathtaking viewsitalian rivieramac and cheesemariomartaportofinoromolotown
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I think it is best to describe this hotel as a lifestyle as opposed to a hotel, both my husband and I thought the only thing missing were cocktails by the sound of a piano playing for the early evening.

I think it is important to mention that the rooms do not have TV’s, nor do I think there is one in the hotel. This was something I suspected, but having a husband who constantly watches CNN when we are away, I felt it was a pleasant change and actually was more than happy. Although I was careful not to mention to the said spouse before the trip.

I only have one or two issues; we stayed in the Swimming Pool room, although I note looking on the website that pictures 4 and 5 are not of this room. My second comment is very easily rectified, that would be a mirror in the room, vain I am not, but I do like to see myself in the mirror before I go out for the evening, check the old VPL and the like. The other comment is one I am expecting now everywhere I go in Italy, although I have been to a lot of places there and find this isn’t the case. I always like a bath, but the shower was very good nonetheless.

The hosts were great; Mario gave us a map of the village and also suggested where to eat etc. Mario also told us how to get down to the town and although it is only a ten minutes walk down the steps it can be twenty minutes back as you can’t take the steps after dark. It is also quite a climb and although my hubby and I are in our 40’s, after the first few days, we were struggling with aching muscles, but then we aren’t the most fit either, so that could be our fault.

The breakfast is an art form, much like the décor and was very healthy, lots of fruit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2010

The Villa Rosmarino was absolutely fantastic! It was an extremely stylish house and you could tell a lot of thought had been put into every detail. The pool was beautiful as were the gardens. It was also all immaculately kept. I liked the simplicity of the rooms and the fantastic showers. The owners were extremely helpful and recommended some good places to eat too. I will definitely come back again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

"Welcome. This is not a hotel, it's a home".

This is the first piece of information you get when you turn up at this amazing place. It's also the feeling that stays with you throughout the stay. Flavio and Mario, the house owners, is very kind and are happy to recommend their favorite restaurants and make reservations at them.

I red more in the two days we stayed here than I've ever been reading before on a vacation. I take that as a good acknowledgment that I was really able to relax. Probably thanks to the calm surroundings, the tidy garden, the wonderful pool (with a sunlounger for everybody) and that no kids are allowed.

We had the Terrace room with an astonishing view of the Camogli and the Mediteranian see. I already looking forward to go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thornkvist
Reviewed 30 July 2010

This hotel is one of the nicest places I have stayed in terms of style and the friendliness of the owners. The house is beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. The bedrooms aren't huge, but there are a lot of communal areas inside and outside the house to make up for it. The bathrooms have a great monsoon shower too. The pool is a good size for swimming and we spent a few lovely quiet days relaxing on the sun loungers. The owners, Mario and Fulvio, couldn't have been more helpful - booking restaurants, advising on what to do and even translating menus! It is a bit of a trek back up from Camogli, but that was good for working off pasta as there are heaps of very good restaurants in the village. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel. Overall, a great experience and we'll definitely be going back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2010

This is a beautiful, comfortable guest house and we highly recommend it. Mario was helpful to a fault and extremely hospitable. Beautifully appointed, extremely comfortable and quiet with views over the town and down across the water. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple