“Amazing place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 23 Camogli B&B and Inns
UK
“Amazing place to stay”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Mario the owner is so helpful and always goes the extra mile to make your stay as memorable as possible and has an intimate knowledge of the best restaurants and places to visit. We stayed in the Terrace Room which has an amazing view across Camogli. I really recommend taking the boat from camogli to san fruttuoso and walking on to portofino. sunbathing by the swimming pool as the sun started to set was magical. you won't want to leave.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Villa Rosmarino was a wonderful coincidence that added to our experience of Comogli, Italy. Accommodation within the town was already hard to find, as the tourist season had begun. We were able to spend one night at this fantastic B&B and left with the wish that we could have spend the entire week there. So if you are in the area, book in advance!

The charm of the place was in the smiles of the staff and the genuine hospitality offered by the owners of the home. The time that was taken to bring comfort and style to the different living spaces, including the poolside garden, made for the perfect place from which to soak in the fantastic hillside views & the sea beyond. Once we were fully relaxed, the town was a 10 minute walk away, which allowed us to live the beauty of the fisherman's village, as well as the seafood feasts that seemed to be in every quaint restaurant there.

Upon our return to the Villa, our sleep was deep and peaceful. As particular as I am about mattresses, my slumber was as if on a cloud! The morning told us that we had found the best in accommodation during our sojourn... the breakfast that awaited us only reaffirmed our wish to return. Thank you Villa Rosmarino! Grazie mille!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My husband and I arrived in the quaint town of Camogli by train from Milan. Mario, owner of Villa Rosmarino had alerted us to the taxi which wound up the curvy narrow roads to a rise in the hill. Elegant black gates stood at the entrance of Villa Camogli. We were led through an exquisite spring garden into the villa. Villa Rosmarino is filled with contemporary art and furniture and has an airy gracious personality. Our comfortable & fresh room looked over the bay and out to the coastline. We had the library alongside like our own sitting room with balcony. Breakfasts outside were fresh and delicious. Mario assisted us with where to eat and a great itinerary to explore the coast by boat to Portofino. We lay by the pool and got served great wine. This was the best start to a relaxing holiday. We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karoofoodie
swampscott
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Villa Rosmarino did not disappoint -even in the dead of winter. Apppointed in modern Italian design and run by two gracious and accomodating Milan ad execs who understand the 21st century hip factor, Villa Rosmarino is a special find. With spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea from the balcony, a comfortable, spacious living area, huge rooms and incredibly comfortable beds, you'll want to station yourself at this comfortable villa in Camogli, (which after much deliberating, we did) and sight see from there - taking the train and walking the Cinque Terre and busing it to Portafino. Mario is an awesome host as well as his staff..who bend over backwards to help... I inadvertently left my credit card with a local merchant and immediately Mario was on the phone tracking it down..his knowledge of the area from sightseeing to restaurants, is exactly what we needed in a place where little English and French - our two maternal languages, are spoken..and where we had little time to do previous research having used three extra days from the south of France to explore this part of Italy. Disappointing were the food choices - with most restaurants and cafes closed this time of year, we had little choices of excellent cuisine we'd read about.When we return to Liguria, which we will, it will be in April or May with better weather....and to enjoy the full attributes of the region and the glorious property of Villa Rosmarino - the pool, yard, views, etc. Nice continental breakfast but could use a little variety and parking could be a bear during the season...make sure you wear flat shoes..in heels you'll break your foot on the stunning stone masonry surrounding the property.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I think it is best to describe this hotel as a lifestyle as opposed to a hotel, both my husband and I thought the only thing missing were cocktails by the sound of a piano playing for the early evening.

I think it is important to mention that the rooms do not have TV’s, nor do I think there is one in the hotel. This was something I suspected, but having a husband who constantly watches CNN when we are away, I felt it was a pleasant change and actually was more than happy. Although I was careful not to mention to the said spouse before the trip.

I only have one or two issues; we stayed in the Swimming Pool room, although I note looking on the website that pictures 4 and 5 are not of this room. My second comment is very easily rectified, that would be a mirror in the room, vain I am not, but I do like to see myself in the mirror before I go out for the evening, check the old VPL and the like. The other comment is one I am expecting now everywhere I go in Italy, although I have been to a lot of places there and find this isn’t the case. I always like a bath, but the shower was very good nonetheless.

The hosts were great; Mario gave us a map of the village and also suggested where to eat etc. Mario also told us how to get down to the town and although it is only a ten minutes walk down the steps it can be twenty minutes back as you can’t take the steps after dark. It is also quite a climb and although my hubby and I are in our 40’s, after the first few days, we were struggling with aching muscles, but then we aren’t the most fit either, so that could be our fault.

The breakfast is an art form, much like the décor and was very healthy, lots of fruit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camogli
0.7 km away
Hotel Elena
#1 of 3 in Recco
2.5 km away
Storica Residenza StellaMaris

Been to Villa Rosmarino? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK