Hotel La Camogliese(Camogli)
    • Room Service
    US$ 154
    • Restaurant
    Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 186/night.

Augusta(Camogli)
    US$ 113
    • Breakfast included
    Domus Giulia B&B Charme(Camogli)(Great Value!)
    US$ 114
    B&B.it
    US$ 143
    B&B.it
    • Free Internet
    All reviewscontemporary artitalian gemwonderful reviewshill overlookingearly septemberbreathtaking viewsmac and cheesemariomartataxiportofinohostsromolotownseafragrantregion
    Reviewed 12 February 2011

Villa Rosmarino did not disappoint -even in the dead of winter. Apppointed in modern Italian design and run by two gracious and accomodating Milan ad execs who understand the 21st century hip factor, Villa Rosmarino is a special find. With spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea from the balcony, a comfortable, spacious living area, huge rooms and incredibly comfortable beds, you'll want to station yourself at this comfortable villa in Camogli, (which after much deliberating, we did) and sight see from there - taking the train and walking the Cinque Terre and busing it to Portafino. Mario is an awesome host as well as his staff..who bend over backwards to help... I inadvertently left my credit card with a local merchant and immediately Mario was on the phone tracking it down..his knowledge of the area from sightseeing to restaurants, is exactly what we needed in a place where little English and French - our two maternal languages, are spoken..and where we had little time to do previous research having used three extra days from the south of France to explore this part of Italy. Disappointing were the food choices - with most restaurants and cafes closed this time of year, we had little choices of excellent cuisine we'd read about.When we return to Liguria, which we will, it will be in April or May with better weather....and to enjoy the full attributes of the region and the glorious property of Villa Rosmarino - the pool, yard, views, etc. Nice continental breakfast but could use a little variety and parking could be a bear during the season...make sure you wear flat shoes..in heels you'll break your foot on the stunning stone masonry surrounding the property.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 26 September 2010

I think it is best to describe this hotel as a lifestyle as opposed to a hotel, both my husband and I thought the only thing missing were cocktails by the sound of a piano playing for the early evening.

I think it is important to mention that the rooms do not have TV’s, nor do I think there is one in the hotel. This was something I suspected, but having a husband who constantly watches CNN when we are away, I felt it was a pleasant change and actually was more than happy. Although I was careful not to mention to the said spouse before the trip.

I only have one or two issues; we stayed in the Swimming Pool room, although I note looking on the website that pictures 4 and 5 are not of this room. My second comment is very easily rectified, that would be a mirror in the room, vain I am not, but I do like to see myself in the mirror before I go out for the evening, check the old VPL and the like. The other comment is one I am expecting now everywhere I go in Italy, although I have been to a lot of places there and find this isn’t the case. I always like a bath, but the shower was very good nonetheless.

The hosts were great; Mario gave us a map of the village and also suggested where to eat etc. Mario also told us how to get down to the town and although it is only a ten minutes walk down the steps it can be twenty minutes back as you can’t take the steps after dark. It is also quite a climb and although my hubby and I are in our 40’s, after the first few days, we were struggling with aching muscles, but then we aren’t the most fit either, so that could be our fault.

The breakfast is an art form, much like the décor and was very healthy, lots of fruit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 5 September 2010

The Villa Rosmarino was absolutely fantastic! It was an extremely stylish house and you could tell a lot of thought had been put into every detail. The pool was beautiful as were the gardens. It was also all immaculately kept. I liked the simplicity of the rooms and the fantastic showers. The owners were extremely helpful and recommended some good places to eat too. I will definitely come back again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 3 August 2010

"Welcome. This is not a hotel, it's a home".

This is the first piece of information you get when you turn up at this amazing place. It's also the feeling that stays with you throughout the stay. Flavio and Mario, the house owners, is very kind and are happy to recommend their favorite restaurants and make reservations at them.

I red more in the two days we stayed here than I've ever been reading before on a vacation. I take that as a good acknowledgment that I was really able to relax. Probably thanks to the calm surroundings, the tidy garden, the wonderful pool (with a sunlounger for everybody) and that no kids are allowed.

We had the Terrace room with an astonishing view of the Camogli and the Mediteranian see. I already looking forward to go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank thornkvist
    Reviewed 30 July 2010

This hotel is one of the nicest places I have stayed in terms of style and the friendliness of the owners. The house is beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. The bedrooms aren't huge, but there are a lot of communal areas inside and outside the house to make up for it. The bathrooms have a great monsoon shower too. The pool is a good size for swimming and we spent a few lovely quiet days relaxing on the sun loungers. The owners, Mario and Fulvio, couldn't have been more helpful - booking restaurants, advising on what to do and even translating menus! It is a bit of a trek back up from Camogli, but that was good for working off pasta as there are heaps of very good restaurants in the village. There is also a bus stop right outside the hotel. Overall, a great experience and we'll definitely be going back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple