See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2014

We decided to meet up with a close family friend for four days of exploring in Tuscany and the search began for a place to stay. Fortunately for us, our friend received a strong recommendation, by a previous visitor, that the Bichi Borghesi was the place to stay. Well, the recommendation as a good one and staying at the Bichi Borghesi was just perfect.

The apartment was very spacious with two full bathrooms and two bedrooms on the main floor. The place was spotless and as we were the only visitors it felt like we had the whole estate to ourselves. The location is great and we visited a number of the nearby cities so Bichi Borghesi was a great base from which to explore the Tuscan countryside.

Paola was the perfect host. Prior to arrival she always responded quickly to emails and when we arrived she gave us local restaurant recommendations and even offered to meet us in Sienna. On our final day Paola arrived and gave us a tour of the estate and explained the family history. We even ran into Paola's mother-in-law who spoke perfect English and who was just a delight to speak to. The final icing on the cake was the homemade dinner that Loretta prepared in the kitchen of the estate. Rabbit and home made past along with their own wine made for a perfect end to a great visit.

If you are looking for an authentic Tuscany experience with a friendly and helpful Italian family who has owned an estate for about 100's of years then look no further. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Altaskibum
Polda1964, Proprietario at Agriturismo Tenuta Bichi Borghesi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

grazie grazie grazie! it was so nice to meet you..Your friendship and your enthusiasm were fantastic! see you soon: we promise you!

Reviewed 15 September 2014

Bichi is situated amongst the rolling hills of Tuscany, surrounded by its own olive groves and vineyards. The estate is seeped in history, dating back to the 17th century and is well documented by an avid family photographer. No wonder it's also a desired location for wedding receptions. I cannot say enough about the fantastic hospitality of Paola, Vittorio and Gigliola, who were generous with their time and wealth of local knowledge. Both my husband and I feel like we have made new friends.

Paola also introduced us to her friend Orsa, who runs cookery courses and a lovely villa tucked away in the woods 20 mins away. We prepared a Tuscan 3 course meal, which we all enjoyed accompanied with wine. It was great and relaxed. Unlike London, one can really relax and feel that time is not a factor, only the experience is important.

If you are looking for a place where you feel welcome, relaxed and still be situated close to fantastic lively Tuscan towns, then Bichi is perfect.

Things to do:

A must:
Car
Sat nav

Enjoy!

Room Tip: We stayed in fattoria, which was the only villa vacant for our chosen dates. It sleeps 6, so when my husband and I arrived, we felt overwhelmed by the size, but quickly settled in and enjoyed the luxury of two bathrooms! It is so wonderfully rustic, with comfortable beds and large shuttered windows overlooking the estate. I would suggest booking in early to secure a smaller villa if there are just two of you, as there are only three on this large estate. Still, for what we paid for 10 days, I am not complaining.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HRDriver
Polda1964, Proprietario at Agriturismo Tenuta Bichi Borghesi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Grazie grazie H. and P.! you know, we are so lucky because our guests understand our soul and the spirit of our special place...Keep in touch and we see you in London...or here, again...;-) Have you a warm and happy winter

Reviewed 7 August 2014

If you want a real authentic Tuscan vacation this is the place for you! Nestled in the rolling hills, this charming estate has everything you need for a relaxing vacation away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The family that owns the estate became our friends, they are very accomodating and always quick and friendly to help. The pool area was great. The houses are tastefully decorated and clean. I loved being able to purchase wine that was bottled on the estate. The converted stables are now meeting rooms or reception halls and they are gorgeous. The only drawback to this estate is you must have a car if you wish to leave the estate, there is only a little wine, meat and cheese shop within walking distance. We took advantage of the guided horse tour through the olive orchard and vineyard, it was my best memory!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TiffanyKD
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I felt like a cherished women from the accommodations to the service and especially the food! The staff made sure that our every need was met!!! I felt as though I was home! The family is very passionate about their working Estate and I loved every minute! Thank you from the bottom of my HEART! You will LOVE IT!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank BrattyKat
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My daughter and I spent a week in one of the beautiful apartments in June, 2014. We attended an art retreat along with 13 other women that was held at the Bichi... I can not say enough about how relaxing and wonderful our stay was. The food that was prepared there was fantastic. The accommodations were very clean and the surroundings breath-taking! The family and staff made us feel like a part of their family. It you want a place to get away from the busy tourist cities and truly see Tuscany... this is it! The history at this centuries old, family owned farm is delightful to behold. We will be back!

Room Tip: All of the apartments are equally beautiful, spacious and modern.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JoyceDana
Polda1964, Proprietario at Agriturismo Tenuta Bichi Borghesi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

thank you thank you thank you and, please, many many kisses to your sweet daughter and ...keep in touch ;-)