“Very Spanish”

Tendido 6
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2017

This restaurant is very near the bullring and a very pleasant find. The best thing about this place was the service. We were made very welcome . Sadly the menu was only in Spanish and the girls English was very little. We went for the speak and it only came with potatoes. We couldn't find any other veg. It was very nice and we washed it down with a bottle of Cava . Also beautiful setting. No place to eat outside sadly.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I r ad the reviews and walked from the hotel. Typical Spanish looking restaurant behind the bullfight arena, with bull paintings on the wall. We had sautéed vegetable (Atillada verdura?) as a first course which was excellent, then oxtail (rabe de toro) with the best fries EVER (when does one comment on fries!) and a fish dish called Fish pescado roteña, extremely tasty fish covered in onions and peppers, very good. Best to me was the coulant au chocolat, worth going to the restaurant for. Cheese met the aproval of my fussy american husband. Friendly service, english tentative, but surely better than my spanish. Very pleased. Only negative comment might be the scent they use in the restaurant. Keep that for gift shops, not for a restaurant, I think.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I was travelling through Andalucia, and a local friend recommended we try Tendido 6 while in Jerez. I am very pleased I did! It is a traditionally decorated, charming restaurant in the middle of Jerez next to the bull ring, the interior is a mix of interesting memorabilia and beautiful traditional Spanish design. Service was outstanding, as the waitress was very accomodating (I was not familiar with southern Spanish food) and her recommendation of the ox tail was a perfect choice. They have a very large selection of wines however i advise you to try one of their local sherry after dinner. I will certainly return here when I am next on holiday in the area. My recommendation is come late for dinner for a lively atmosphere (Spanish dinner time) and take the waitresses meal recommendations. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Actually ate here twice during our stay. Once was kind of a late night, and we had just driven into Jerez and gotten situated in our hotel and went looking to eat. Tendido 6 actually looked closed, but it was open. We were kind of on a tapas hunt and they had a good tapas menu in their bar. The tapas were filling, but even better was the young lady who was working the bar. She was so pleasant and kind. Her boyfriend is the chef and he was great too. She took us on a tour of the place including paintings and pictures of the founder/owner. The place is actually quite large with a great banquet hall in the back. Anyway, the young lady topped of our meal with complimentary sherry. She was great. The food was great. The atmosphere was pleasing. We went back a couple of days later and did it all again.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

For typical Spanish food of the highest quality, for a lovely Spanish "toros" setting
and for a southern Spanish ambiance, there is no better place in the whole of Spain.
Unfortunately, you and I are not the only ones in the know. Reservation is a prerequisite
to be part of the fun in this bustling place. Please abstain if sparkling water is your
usual companion at the dinner table.