A lovely place to have a break between seeing the intense madness of Jaipur and other cities. You stay in the most luxurious tents on top of a dam. There are fantastic views of the countryside and lake. The place is run by bird enthusiasts, so you can join them on a walk around the countryside. They provide binoculars, but I did get told off for looking at deer instead of birds.
We had been walking for an hour or more, then as the sun began to set we turned a corner and LOOK! Trestle tables serving gin and tonics and nibbles.
Wonderful food and a lovely place to stay. Although you're in a tent you have an en suite bathroom. Apparently there is also wifi near reception - but who wants wifi at a place like this?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury tents have always been an important part of Rajput lifestyle. Constant campaigns in far flung lands meant long stays in tents under inhospitable conditions. Tents were the only luxury available and soon these “homes away from home” evolved into mobile, mini-palaces.Chhatra Sagar captures the essence of this romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Yatra, MakeMyTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Chhatra Sagar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chhatra Sagar Hotel Pali
- Chhatra Sagar Rajasthan
- Chhatra Sagar Hotel Rajasthan
- Chhatra Sagar Pali, Rajasthan