After a whirlwind five days through Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, we stopped at Chhatra Sagar en route to Udaipur. What a great decision.
Perched upon a dam overlooking wetlands in the Rajasthani countryside, there are 11 guest tents, a lounge area and a dining area -- all outfitted with thoughtful, luxury comforts. Upon seeing the fully functional en-suite bathroom, I had to remind myself I was in a tent.
The camp is all-inclusive -- generous portions of delicious food; wine, beer and liquor; gratuities as well.
There is a bird walk every afternoon for about an hour and a half, ending with sundowners. I don't know much about birds, but enjoyed the walk, the spottings and the drinks.
We only had one night to spend and left with a greater appreciation of India's beauty and another reminder of its terrific hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury tents have always been an important part of Rajput lifestyle. Constant campaigns in far flung lands meant long stays in tents under inhospitable conditions. Tents were the only luxury available and soon these “homes away from home” evolved into mobile, mini-palaces.Chhatra Sagar captures the essence of this romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, MakeMyTrip, Yatra and TravelGuru so you can book your Chhatra Sagar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chhatra Sagar Hotel Pali
- Chhatra Sagar Rajasthan
- Chhatra Sagar Hotel Rajasthan
- Chhatra Sagar Pali, Rajasthan