We're not great campers so it was with some trepidation that we accepted the recommendation to stay on a campsite. Our doubts disappeared immediately we arrived. What a fabulous place! Not too many tents (I think there are 11) each with its own verandah looking out over the lake. And the tents themselves are breathtaking - the kind of accommodation you would find in a very comfortable hotel and we can honestly say the bed was the most comfortable we slept in during our whole trip. It was lovely to come back to the tent in the evening to find the heaters switched on, rose petals strewn over the bathroom floor and hot water bottles in the bed! We sat round the camp fire for drinks before dinner which was first class, as was the breakfast, both worthy of a top hotel. We went on a fascinating bird-watching walk, at the end of which there was the welcome surprise of drinks and nibbles beside the lake. Our only regret was that we didn't stay long enough to go on the walk round the local village. A truly memorable stay in a remarkable place and a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of the cities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury tents have always been an important part of Rajput lifestyle. Constant campaigns in far flung lands meant long stays in tents under inhospitable conditions. Tents were the only luxury available and soon these “homes away from home” evolved into mobile, mini-palaces.Chhatra Sagar captures the essence of this romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Yatra, MakeMyTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Chhatra Sagar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chhatra Sagar Hotel Pali
- Chhatra Sagar Rajasthan
- Chhatra Sagar Hotel Rajasthan
- Chhatra Sagar Pali, Rajasthan