On the recommendation of a friend who stayed here in 2009, and our travel agent, we had 2 lovely nights at Chhatra Sagar.
The hosts (Raj and Harsh) were extremely friendly and helpful.
Meals were served on a patio overlooking the lake, which is a birdwatchers paradise.
Rooms are individual 'tents' with a large bathroom with shower, basin, dressing table etc. The walls of the bathroom are slate slabs from the local area.
We did the farm and village tour with Raj. He gave the history of the area, the farming arrangements, the crops, the local skills etc. We also visited a potter, shoemaker and silversmith in the small village nearby.
In the evening Nandi took us on a bird watching walk around the lake area. We saw at least 53 bird species during our time at Chhatra Sagar.
The walk was ended with a small drink bar and G&Ts.
All food, drinks and accommodation were included in the package. Its worth taking a couple of days here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury tents have always been an important part of Rajput lifestyle. Constant campaigns in far flung lands meant long stays in tents under inhospitable conditions. Tents were the only luxury available and soon these “homes away from home” evolved into mobile, mini-palaces.Chhatra Sagar captures the essence of this romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Yatra, MakeMyTrip and TravelGuru so you can book your Chhatra Sagar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chhatra Sagar Hotel Pali
- Chhatra Sagar Rajasthan
- Chhatra Sagar Hotel Rajasthan
- Chhatra Sagar Pali, Rajasthan