All reviewsluxury tentswild boarlocal villagenature walktented campbird walkdam wallbird watchingtwo nightsvillage tourhot water bottlesbird lifeoverlooking the lakeincluded in the pricedifferent speciesrecharge your batteriesevening walk
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We spent 2 nights here in November 2011 and I think I've thought about it most days since. Harsh and his brother are the best hosts and the staff extremely efficient and friendly. The tented rooms were a revelation! I could never have imagined a tent could be so luxurious. Attention to detail was impressive. Fresh roses floating in shallow bowls of water each day in the bathroom and the bedroom, afternoon tea outside your tent, gin and tonic waiting for you at the top of the hill walk ... I could go on, but I think you might enjoy discovering the joys of Chhatra Sagar for yourself! Oh yes, and the food was god too!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Duncatering
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Chhatra Sagar is not to be missed.
My wife and I have had the good fortune to stay at Chhatra Sagar on four separate occasions over a period of years, so I have complete confidence in the accuracy of this review.
The small number of luxury tents are superbly maintained. Each tent has a view over the lake which enables you to experience magnificent sunrises and watch hundreds of geese and ducks, wheeling and turning in the sunrise.
Harsh, Nandi,Raj, Vasundra & Sridini are perfect hosts, and ensure that each guest is properly catered for.
I can assure the reader of this review, that he or she will not experience a place closer to heaven than Chhatra Sagar.

Room Tip: If the guests are "romantics", I would suggest they secure one of the two tents on the hill overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ThakurSahibMelbourne
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I can't say enough about Chhatra Sagar which is such a beautiful escape from the hustle and bustle of Rajasthan. There are only 13 tents at Chhatra Sagar so the atmosphere is intimate. And what tents! The canvas inside is painted with intricate floral patterns and houses antique furniture, a huge bed with plump pillows and a slate bathroom area come complete with running water and electricity. This is a long way from roughing it. Perhaps the best thing about the camp are the tours which are included of a nature walk and village tour. The insights into life in Rajasthan are genuine and the best that we had during our five weeks in India. This is a must visit place and a real highlight of our trip. Photos here: http://www.gourmet-chick.com/2011/11/chhatra-sagar-nimaj-gourmet-chick-in.html

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CaraAustralia
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We were at Chhatra Sagar for 3 nights and wanted so stay longer but our itinerary could not be altered easily. So we left it as late as possible to leave for our next destination and the hotel prepared an early lunch for us.

Just one example of the tremendous service provided by everyone there, especially by the two brothers who own the resort.

There ar only 13 tents, so there's no sense of overcrowding! And the place is so peaceful and calm. We just wanted to sit outside our tent and look over the lake and watch the birds and animals.Tents do not have airconditioning, but it's not necesssary at night - and there are fans in all rooms which we found to be suffficient.

All the other guests there seemed to infected by the friendly calmness of the place. So we often made friends with others and shared a large table for dinner.

The village tour and the bird safari are great and well worth doing. And on the latter we were acoompanied by two fox terriers and a young Great Dane who belong to the owners. There was ven a bearer with a telescope on a tripod for close observation of the birds.

Meals are really good - table d'hote - but with a fine selection to suit all tastes. With some local dishes which we had not tasted before.

The absence of light polution makes for ideal star gazing. Never seen such a dark sky with so mant visible stars - even in rural France! And, of course, Raj has a telescope to really look at distant stars and he has a great knowledge of what's up there!

A well stocked bar - so a great place to have pre-dinner Gin & Tonics,

The resort does not have credit card facilities so make sure you take cash!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We have been in Chhatra Sagar on the way from Jaipur to Jodhpur. We should have stayed 2 nights instead of one as the place turned out to be much nicer than expected. It felt nearly
privat - at least very personal. It's the total opposit to the city live we have seen before and after.

Only drawback has been insects during night - but the tents are well protected and funny enough they don't have sets to put under the glasses - but to put on the glasses during
dinner.

The two cousins running the place are very polite - softspocken and good looking ( as my wife
reminded me) - they are also very trustworthy.

Its a save bet - you can't make a mistake when you go there.

But be sure to cary enough cash - I wanted to pay with credit card and this wasn't possible.
Instead they wrote an invoice and asked me to transfer the money after my return to Germany.

Room Tip: There is one tent at a higher place that is woth asking for.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple