Usually when you stay at a Holiday Inn anywhere in the world, you know in advance pretty much what to expect. It's clean, bright, well-located, and fairly well-managed. Rather "cookie-cutter," to be sure, but sometimes when your travel plans change and you need a place without having made a reservation, you see the name "Holiday Inn," and nod in relief, thinking, "OK, this will work!"
I needed a hotel near Linate Airport. I would have an early morning flight later that week, and I figured I'd stay two nights, and enjoy some pampered relaxation before taking three back-to-back flights (Milan-Paris-Atlanta-San Francisco). When my Italian friend told me that there were six hotels listed near Linate, and one was a Holiday Inn, I asked her to take me there first, hoping they would have a vacancy.
As I entered the lobby, I was struck by an unpleasant smell of... mold? Wetness? It was depressingly dark, and the decor was from decades past. This did not bode well, and under other circumstances I would have immediately turned tail and departed, but it was a holiday (Easter Monday) and I was in the middle of nowhere, needing a hotel in a foreign country, and would soon be without my friend and her car to take me elsewhere, so I waited for someone to appear at the desk.
For five minutes, no one did. Finally, after a not-so-subtle clearing of my throat, accompanied by "Is anyone here?" a harried-looking woman with headphones on peeked around the corner of her back office and told me she'd be right there. Five more minutes passed, during which absolutely no one came or left the hotel (neither guests or employees).
I figured if they were this disinterested in earning my money for a two night stay BEFORE I even checked in, who knew how much better it might get AFTER? Totally unimpressed with this level of (non-) customer service, I climbed back into my friend's car and told her that they were all booked, so she'd feel sorry for me, and take me to another hotel on the list! ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renewed in September 2008 Holiday Inn Milan Linate Airport Hotel welcomes you with its new look. Immerse in the Idroscalo greenery, at only 3 km from Linate Airport in the heart of the Business area where are located Companies like Ibm, 3M. The 142 soundproofed Holiday Inn Milan Linate Airport rooms, have been totally renewed to meet any kind of travellers’ needs and expectations; the Business Wi-Fi Room created to host the Manager in a comfortable and relaxing environment guaranteeing services and technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Milan Linate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Milan Linate Hotel Peschiera Borromeo
- Holiday Inn Peschiera Borromeo
- Milan Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Milan Linate Peschiera Borromeo