“Shabby, Dank, Outdated and No One at Reception - at Mid-day” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Milan Linate

Holiday Inn Milan Linate
San Francisco, California
“Shabby, Dank, Outdated and No One at Reception - at Mid-day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Usually when you stay at a Holiday Inn anywhere in the world, you know in advance pretty much what to expect. It's clean, bright, well-located, and fairly well-managed. Rather "cookie-cutter," to be sure, but sometimes when your travel plans change and you need a place without having made a reservation, you see the name "Holiday Inn," and nod in relief, thinking, "OK, this will work!"

I needed a hotel near Linate Airport. I would have an early morning flight later that week, and I figured I'd stay two nights, and enjoy some pampered relaxation before taking three back-to-back flights (Milan-Paris-Atlanta-San Francisco). When my Italian friend told me that there were six hotels listed near Linate, and one was a Holiday Inn, I asked her to take me there first, hoping they would have a vacancy.

As I entered the lobby, I was struck by an unpleasant smell of... mold? Wetness? It was depressingly dark, and the decor was from decades past. This did not bode well, and under other circumstances I would have immediately turned tail and departed, but it was a holiday (Easter Monday) and I was in the middle of nowhere, needing a hotel in a foreign country, and would soon be without my friend and her car to take me elsewhere, so I waited for someone to appear at the desk.

For five minutes, no one did. Finally, after a not-so-subtle clearing of my throat, accompanied by "Is anyone here?" a harried-looking woman with headphones on peeked around the corner of her back office and told me she'd be right there. Five more minutes passed, during which absolutely no one came or left the hotel (neither guests or employees).

I figured if they were this disinterested in earning my money for a two night stay BEFORE I even checked in, who knew how much better it might get AFTER? Totally unimpressed with this level of (non-) customer service, I climbed back into my friend's car and told her that they were all booked, so she'd feel sorry for me, and take me to another hotel on the list! ;-)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Alexinasf
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

My expectation from the Holiday Inn is stability. I come back for "more of the same" in therms of the facility, room and breakfast which, when included in the price of the room helps me to get to a fast start of my day. This location is no different * free parking * check-in (a bit slow, but it was late) was OK and as as Priority club member, I did not have to provide my information again, which was nice * elevator was slow as a turtle :-) * room was clean * WIFI had a strong signal * breakfast had a nice variety to pick and choose from * checkout was a bit slow.

Overall, this was another comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed here from March 30th to 31st and my experience was so and so. The hotel is not as close to the airport as expected (still a 15-17 EURO cap ride each way). Reception is fine, hallways dirty (with something that looks like stains of puke on the carpets), room was quite big with a big comfortable double bed. Room and bathroom both clean.
Breakfast was really not worth mentioning so if it isn't free it's not worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Milan Linate, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear TheGreatDane33,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you liked you room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the hallways by you room. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I thought breakfast was good. The hotel was ok. No problems to talk about. It is outside the city, by the airport, but it is cheaper, which is what guests are looking for.

I arrived so late (at 12:30 a.m.) so I appreciate a decent hotel, especially with the jet lag I had.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Though it is a small hotel, it lives to satisfy the clients

• Stayed December 2011
4.5 km away
Crowne Plaza Milan Linate
Crowne Plaza Milan Linate
#2 of 6 in San Donato Milanese

Been to Holiday Inn Milan Linate? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK