Hotel Antares(Letojanni)
US$ 156
US$ 112
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 131/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 181
US$ 128
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 153/night.

Casa Famiani(Letojanni)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Casale Praia(Letojanni)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoffee machineenjoyed our stayapartment cleanedthe water's edgethe bussea viewhotel guestslinen and towelsfree of chargehotel is lovelysea frontper daysteep hillrestaurant staffisola bellaflamingojosephine
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I have stayed in the hotel San Vincenzo 2 weeks in June 2017 and fully enjoyed my wonderful holidays! The hotel is pretty small but has great location and a very good possibility to travel on your own - the bus stop is right around the corner and the railway station is 5 minutes walk. This allows you to easily visit different places and not only stay on the beach. Sicily is a very beautiful island with a rich history so it is a real shame not to visit its numerous attractions. The minimarkets where I could buy fruits, vegetables and some food (oh, those Italian cheese!) are quite close to the hotel and work every day. The room was very comfortable and had everything I needed for a pleasant holiday - a balcony with the seaview, good bathroom with bathroom amenities, hair-dryer, fridge, electronic safe, TV, individual AC. The cleaning was superb and never spoiled my plans. The food was really great and I must thank the Chef for the delicious local meals we always got for dinner. As a hotel guest I had free admission to the Lido Flamingo (sunbed and umbrella was free of charge) - just across the street! Besides I could enjoy 10% discount on the meals in the Flamingo restaurant and they were really delicious! But what I loved the most in San Vincenzo was the staff - always friendly, smiling and ready to help with all my queries, always very attentive and caring, giving me the feeling of real hospital and cordial Sicily!The same I can also say about the staff in Flamingo restaurant!
Cari Giovanni, Angelo e Sergio - vi ringrazio di cuore per la vostra ospitalita e amichevole cura! Tanti saluti da freddo San Pietroburgo! Spero di ritornare a San Vincenzo!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2017

First I would like to point out that no way is this a 4 star hotel, not by any stretch of the imagination. We had a twin in a room that was small, basic and functional. The mattresses were rather lumpy and the pillows rather sad but on the whole the room was of acceptable standard. The main bone of contention however was the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Never have I been in a hotel, even a 2 star , where a kettle wasnt available in the room. Upon discussing this with Josephine at the reception desk I was dismissed with a firm "no" we do not provide kettles, if you want a drink you must purchase from the restaurant" and then as a concession i was told i could have a jug of hot water....Now! being a Brit, and a confirmed tea drinker ( as all Brits are) part of my holiday enjoyment is the expectation that when i wake first thing in the morning, or whilst getting ready to go out in the evening, or as a late night drinkie before bed, I can put the kettle on and have a nice old cuppa tea ( or coffee)..to wake up in a morning totally gagging for a drink and not being able to have one, was, in my opinion the height of depravation !! MESSAGE TO JOSEPHINE.... us Brits NEED kettles........its unacceptable for a hotel that advertises as a four star not to provided the essentials.....a kettle IS an essential. Another complaint to follow.......we were given a room where the bath that had been running for five minutes leaked under the base and flooded the whole bedroom, I slipped and banged my thigh on the toilet attempting to mop up the mess with the bathroom towels. I approached reception and again spoke with Josephine who showed no concern and simply threw another towel at me and expected me, the guest to clean it up...no apologies. I returned to reception for a second time for more towels ( this was a major flood, the water ran out into the corridor) and once more no apologies and no attempt to send any member of staff to clean it up. Naturally we asked for a room with a functioning bathroom and were given another one the next day. Sadly the story doesnt get any better. That very night the electric lights went out. I phoned down to reception and was advised someone would be up shortly to fix the issue. 4 telephone calls and 18 hours later ( next evening) a man came and fixed the problem. By now , what with the bath , the lights an no blinking kettle my friend and I were totally fed up.
The breakfast did nothing to brighten our mood. It was the same old fair every day, after day after day after day...... if you get my drift ! continental meats that looked like they had seen better days, a fruit bowl of pineapple in a very curious flavoured syrupy thing and an Italian version of bacon and scrambled egg which was interesting if nothing else. The egg was way overcooked resembling omelette and was so salty one needed a pint of water to wash it down with , the bacon was unlike any bacon i have ever seen and way too burnt...cremated is the word i would apply here.
Good bits ??????
well actually there were a few. The staff, especially the late night guys on reception were just lovely and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble ( Josephine could learn a lesson or two from them in terms of customer service) The restaurant staff too were pleasant and accommodating and the cleaning staff always friendly and polite. Location was good, right on the beach and amongst a small variety of restaurants and bars The bus station is one minutes stroll around the corner and supermarkets and shops within a five minute walk. Its a quiet resort and not much going on but if slow paced and relaxed is what you are looking for Letojanni is perfect for you. Taormina is a couple of miles away, more cosmopolitan and much prettier, esp Isola Bella, a must see.
On whole the hotel was just ok, It scrapes a 3 rating but had we been afforded the basic kettle facility and not had to clean up ourselves after a bathroom leak and the breakfast not been so poor i might have been generous enough to give it a 4, based on location only...

Room Tip: rooms without sea view have a poor aspect..best to pay a bit more for the wonderful view.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2017

The hotel is lovely and on the water's edge. Heard the waves all night. The only problem was that we were on an organized tour and no buses can come near the hotel. We had to use a shuttle which was really difficult.
The hotel is located in a beautiful area which has many lovely restaurants and places to have a nice drink or buy some sweets.
The service was wonderful and the staff was polite and fully attentive to our needs. All in all it was a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the water. It's gorgeous
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2017

My wife and I stayed in Carmen Apartments in Letojanni for a week in June 2016. It is run by San Vincenzo Hotel. On arrival we were met by a receptionist from the hotel. We were told that if we wanted to get the apartment cleaned and linen changed it would be €20. We paid the 20 and the apartment was only changed on Thursday and we were leaving early on Saturady morning.
The apartments are a short walk from the seafront and on a steep hill. The cooking facilities were quite good and there was a large balcony. We had free use of the sunbeds on the beach and also 10% off at the Flamenco Bar. The beach is very stoney and the water edge is very steep.
We booked two trips through our Sunway rep. The Etna Sunset tour (12.30- midnight) cost €85. Our guide Christy was excellent and it was a great expierence. We also did the Aeolian Islands tour of Panarea and Stromboli costing €88. We spent a few hours on each of the islands. On the way home on the boat we had a meal (included). The meal included water, wine, bread and a pasta dish. Very tasty.
We used the local Interbus to get around. We got the bus on Via Merengoni which is a side street near the San Vincenzo. The bus to Taormina costs €3 and tickets can be bought in small café across the street from the stop. The hop on hop off bus can be had at the same stop. Between Letojanni and Taormina is the picturesque island of Isolabella.
Overall we enjoyed our stay in Letojanni and the Carmen Apartments and would return.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KeenWexford
Reviewed 11 August 2016

just spent 2 weeks at this hotel with my family and were very happy with it, i will mention practical points about it and then will thank the hotel staff at the end of the review.

rooms: quite spacious (double), simply decorated and very clean, with all their facilities (aircon, shower, etc ) functioning properly. decent wi-fi.

location: very good , right on the beach, hotel guests can use good quality sun loungers and umbrellas from Flamingo Bar at the beach for free. there is a pharmacy, post office, bus stop right on the corner of the hotel. 5 min walk to Letojanni shops, money exchange, fruit markets, etc.

food: good, on half board basis you have versatile continental breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, fresh pastries, cheeses, etc. unlimited supply of coffee, cappuccino, espresso from the machine, etc. dinner you pre-order one day in advance - you get a selection of 3 choices for a starter and 3 choices for a main meal. same dessert for everyone. very well done to the hotel for keeping their integrity and serving only authentic Italian dishes for dinner!

beach: very clean, relaxing, pebbly and very well supervised by Antonino from the Flamingo Bar - he was always friendly and helpful. sea is very deep and with many stones - SEA SHOES are a must. locals call them scarpe and sell them on the beach around 10 euro a pair.

Letojanni - very nice quiet town with authentic atmosphere and friendly people. most shops and cash exchanges close for lunch from 13-00 till 16-30.

hotel staff: amazing, we felt very welcome, nothing was a problem for them.

Josephine and Agnese at the reception were great: very efficient,helpful, friendly and polite. General Manager Francesco was also very professional and made us smile with his great sense of humor. Sergio and Angelo at the restaurant were brilliant - very professional, fast and knowledgeable, always welcoming and great hosts! Cleaning ladies Adda and Valentina worked tirelessly, were always polite and helpful: whatever we needed - extra toilet roll, or bin bag , etc were provided to us in an instant. we had an air-con issue once and maintenance engineer Sebastiano who was also very professional and friendly, fixed it very fast.

thank you so much for your hospitality! we look forward to coming back !

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family