US$ 76
US$ 106
  • Restaurant
DORMERO Hotel Plauen(Plauen)(Great Value!)
US$ 64
US$ 91
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Background: We are retired Americans who pursue an active lifestyle, appreciate functional and clean lodging with easy-in and easy-out access. We generally don't rate a hotel unless we've spent at least two nights there. We stayed here as part of a driving vacation in Germany.

Would I stay here again? Yes

Notable positives/delighters: Excellent value; quiet neighborhood; clean; lots of electrical outlets; great shower pressure; responsive front desk staff; breakfast included; located within walking distance of center of town; parking included; historic building

Notable negatives/disappointments: Lots of stairs (could be a probable for mobility impaired); limited toiletries; variable bed hardness; limited counter space in the bathroom;

Other including remarkable experiences: Plauen is a special place for me. My maternal grandmother grew up here before moving to the US after World War I. The town is charming. In my retirement years I finally was able to visit.

Room Tip: Lower floors to avoid dealing with lots of stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Trogons
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

Just fantastic place. Ask for room 9 quiet and comfortable. Only one comment. Please accept AMEX.
Breakfast supper, free car park and very central to town. No negatives at all. Staff friendly and super helpful. I would for sure stay there again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I didn't stay at the hotel but I ate a few meals in the restaurant. They have a few local dishes. The pot roast and dumplings was very good and the tomato soup with mozzarella was amazing. The best I've ever had. The staff were friendly. The restaurant was not crowded and it took a little while to get our food.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Not one of these large bed palaces, but very welcoming atmosphere. Loved the restaurant/bar in the basement - and thank you for the chef to still prepare a light dinner even after kitchen closed. Rooms are large, but as this is an old villa, different rooms may vary. Unfortunately the rooms are not soundproof, so may notice other guests when they leave for breakfast early.
A short 5 minute walk from the city center, in a quiet neighboorhood. Beware - construction in the area right now.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Couldn't have asked for more. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel itself is close to the centre of Plauen, although it has it's own restaurant and bar - both excellent. We stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it, the room was spacious and immaculately clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family