All reviews can't beat the view scallops corner room laid back free breakfast block island cross breeze second floor summer marina sink
Reviewed 28 August 2017

This is a good spot not frequented too much by the "downtown" crowd (not quite sure what I mean by that) so it's peaceful. Striper was on the menu and how can you beat that. It was delicious. Salt Pond is right in front of you offering a great view. Prices are reasonable.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 18 August 2017

A group of 4 of us, 2 couples, stayed here in their annex building. It was DISGUSTING! We often stay on Block Island and are very used to sharing a bathroom, but is is usually shared by no more than 3 bed rooms, their upstairs has 5 rooms sharing a bath and it shows!! There was continually a plunger next to the toilet, EWW, and the shower CLEARLY had not been really cleaned all summer. The tub was caked with mold, the non slip mat was slimy with mold and mildew, the curtain rod was held together with tape, and the shower drain was so clogged you were standing in filthy ankle deep water by the time you finished your shower. Plus, the noise, partying, and arguing from the 3rd floor was unbearable as were the chain-smokers who sat smoking on the front porch as the smoke drifted into the building and up to the bedrooms. Also, we were told our bed was queen-size, nope, it was only a full size. The whole place is clearly not taken care of. We did not feel comfortable saying anything to anyone and left the next day. Too bad, because it is a great location.

Room Tip: do not stay in annex
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PitBossJunior
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We stayed at the Narragansett Inn for three days. It was so quaint, like staying at your own summer cottage. The room was very basic and simply appointed. The whole island has a very laid back feel. Bring only casual clothes. The food was fantastic!! We had breakfast there each day and it was so good. The service was very thoughtful, graceful, without being in your way. They were very attentive to our needs. I really enjoyed staying there. If you have a boat or friends with one this is the place for you, so close to the marina. This is a fun trip, try Narragansett Inn.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

The Narragansett Inn offers a daily breakfast and dinner. Our dinner was excellent. We had the lobster hush puppies and ginger wrapped scallops (gluten free) followed by dinner. I had a delicious swordfish dinner with lobster mashed potatoes, my husband had gluten free jerk chicken, our friend had a burger with the lobster mashed potatoes and his wife had the fish and chips. She found the fish to be fresh and tender, but the coating was a bit heavy and undercooked in spots. We mentioned it to the owner who said he would share that with the chef.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie D
Reviewed 1 July 2017

So, so disappointed in my stay. I understand the building is old, but the entire room reeked of water damage including the comforter, which actually had mold on it. There's no AC so each room is supplied with a fan. Ours was broken, so we swiped two from the lobby before finding one that actually worked. The shower was not cleaned between guests and was left with multiple bars of used soap and toilet paper clogging the drain. There were curly hairs all over the wall of the shower. I felt like I was at a truck stop. The power went out at 5:30am resulting in a fire alarm which could not be reset because there wasn't a single staff member on site, just a bunch of groggy hotel patrons who gave up on sleeping and lurked outside in the yard until it silenced itself over an hour later. The 3 people we spoke with at the front desk had zero knowledge on the island/ transportation/ anything and refused to even attempt to find answers to any of our questions. I was so optimistic about this stay and looked forward to it for a month, but I am extremely disappointed. Kudos to the chef for an amazing breakfast buffet, but I expect much more for $250 a night.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple