“What happened?”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We have been coming here for years and there has always been a line outside waiting for the dinner service to open at 6. No line and some empty tables which was unusual. After the meal I knew why. Meatballs over cooked and way too salty, portion small and overpriced. Calamari steak appetizer that was not calamari rather dogfish in my opinion. Chewy. Scallops were ok and chicken good but again small portion. Corking fee was priced at the cheapest bottle of wine $39, why not just have a flat rate of $25. We won’t give up on you Eli’s but some room for improvement here.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

I will say that the food was excellent..no one had a bad meal. However, we had 10 people in our party and the restaurant is not equipped for big parties. The restaurant is a rectangular small box so we were literally squeezed into the restaurant. If you have a large party go somewhere else..it was just uncomfortable. But if your a group of 2 or 4 then yessssss….it's a quaint place with a lovely seaside menu!

Reviewed 27 July 2018

I had a cornish game hen dish that, and I say this without exaggeration, was one of the best poultry dishes I've ever had. This restaurant prepares extremely good food. And it's a nice, cozy atmosphere. If you're looking for great, sophisticated food on Block Island, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My husband and I enjoyed our meal here. No problem with a wait midweek June. It was a bit noisy, but I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Everything we sampled, from the fresh from the oven breads we were offered gratis, to the excellent house special burger with perfect sweet potato fries and my friend’s halibut special were terrific. Highly recommend. And I have my fingers crossed that this review will bounce Eli’s to the top of the BI eateries list.