All reviews martini night wedding coordinator adirondack chairs ocean view beautiful hotel block island air conditioning front lawn the main hotel rehearsal dinner the barn scallops third floor outdoor bar gorgeous views new england the entire island
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

For six months I have been looking forward to a weekend at the Spring House Hotel to attend a wedding on Block Island. The photos from inside and outside the hotel are just beautiful.

But I live in Wilmington NC. Unfortunately Hurricane Florence changed my plans. When I made my reservation, I was advised of the cancellation policy. But I talked to Kevin at the Spring House, explained my unusual circumstances and he was kind enough to reimburse my payment.

I know that with this type of consideration by management that a stay at the Spring House would be a great pleasure. If you are going to Block Island please consider the Spring House. They will treat you well.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I really like the Spring House, every time we go to Block Island this is a must. Great food and great atmosphere - such a beautiful place! The menu isn't that big but is diverse - I had a Clam Casino pizza that was so good!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2018

We got a last minute room in the Mott House. No elevator, steep stairs. The room was spacious with a large bathroom and wall mounted A/C unit. Decor was little dated but otherwise the room was adequate. Gratuities for maid service were already included in the bill.

Room tip: Ask for 1st floor, end unit and an ocean view in the Mott House
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoadTripsUnlimited
Reviewed 20 September 2018

We're staying in the second building (not the main). The dismal experience starts at check in. Nobody to assist with luggage, building entrance is what you'd expect in a tenement (peeling paint, filthy doors). The rooms reek with a musty smell. It's Sept & cool/cold outside. THERE IS NO HEAT even though the room units are supposed to provide it. My elderly father is particular upset about the lack of heat - the staff brought up 3 blankets. Staff tried to get overhead unit in rooms to throw heat and they won't work in either of our two rooms. We are shocked that the hotel would ask over $250/night per room. We were naive and thought it would be decent or nice at that price. Huge mistake. This is the worst hotel I've stayed at in my entire life - and I'm past 50 years old. If I could have rated less than 1 star I would have.

Room tip: Best room to rent on Block Island is at a hotel other than Spring House.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SpringHouseHotelMgmt, Manager at Spring House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Norman:

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your hotel experience. It's unfortunate you use Tripadvisor as a way to besmirch good hotels rather than provide a constructive review that can help future guests learn about perspective accommodations before booking. It is also disappointing that you wrote this review the first night of your two night stay on property. As countless other reviews have shown our front desk staff is always ready, willing, and able to help with luggage upon arrival and departure. Our front desk staff helps our guests will luggage all throughout the season as there are no elevators on Block Island. Our entire property including the Main Building, the Mott House, and the Barn Apartments all feature heat as well as A/C as countless other reviewers have stated. We would also like to take this time to thank our other reviewers for providing accurate feedback about the time they spent at the Spring House Hotel. We are proud to be the number one rated hotel on Block Island and we hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

The hotel was up a very steep long hill from the ferry. There is no elevator in the hotel. We were on 3rd. floor, no AC in public spaces about 60 stairs up.
Very small room, no closet, little place to put anything. The bathroom was minuscule!
Could barely turn around in the shower.AC very inefficient.
No breakfast or room service.
Staff rather indifferent . $380.nightly.
Views extraordinary.

Room tip: Stay in the more expensive Inn accross the Street, also owned by Spring House
Date of stay: August 2018