“One of the best!”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Okay, so you say it's just a Hampton Inn. Not so with this property - immaculate room and genuine friendliness by the staff. We were warmly greeted when we walked in. Staff member at the desk asked if we preferred something really quiet and provided us a room on the 4th floor (can only be entered by room key in elevator). And wow it was quiet. I couldn't get over how pleasant all the staff was - even the maids and breakfast servers were attentive, said hello and asked how we were doing. As a Hilton Silver Member I have to say this is the best property we have ever stayed in. You can't go wrong. Also close to expressway and only about 20 minutes from downtown St Louis.

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor - really quiet
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
HamptonI55, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Our entire team truly appreciates all of our guests and it is extremely flattering to know that we are one of the best Hamptons Inn’s you have encountered. Thank you for your business and thoughtful words!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Based on previous reviews, I'd figure I would try this hotel. upon check-in, I was greeted with a warm smile. this helps when one just drove 10 hours straight from Dallas, tx. I will tell my friends and family of this refreshing experience.

• Stayed: March 2012

We are thrilled that we lived up to our previous reviews. After a 10 hour drive I am sure it was a relief to be here and the least we could do is welcome you with a warm smile! Thanks for your business and letting others know of your stay.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

This was my second time staying here. Very easy to get to on I 55 and very close to I270. Close to shopping, restaurants, etc without being in a really crowded area. I have children and they love the pool and the cookies/milk at night. They have a large bin of pool toys and everything is super clean. The staff is awesome and so friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012

We are glad you enjoyed your first stay so much you decided to come back! The pool and cookies seem to be the two things kids enjoy the most and we are pleased to hear your kids we not disappointed. Our staff looks forward to having you and your children back for your third visit!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed here for work from Mar 26th and 27th 2012. Its about 20 miles SW of Saint Louis and is not bad driving if its now during rush hour. The hotel is practically new. Lots of updated features including scan pads in elevator and doors where you simple place you key on the pad to get in your room. The rooms are warmly decorated with small knooks for coffee and for microwave and fridge. Beds are comfortable. Bathrooms are nice, clean and large. Walls are thin as normally expected. Breakfast was as good as all hampton inn's I have stayed at. But the Staff are exceptionally warm and friendly. I gave this 5 starts because the facilities were so new and the staff was so friendly. Couldnt find anything to complain about besides that it is a little bit of a drive from the city. In fact during rush hour, 1-270 north gets quite backed up so plan ahead for that.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to upload some pictures of our hotel for others to see. We are delighted you were impressed with our hotel and appreciate you choosing to stay with us. As with any suburban area, traffic can be a bit of a mess at times. Luckily for us, I-55 is a straight 12 miles into downtown St. Louis and is generally traffic free at anytime of the day or night.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We have stayed at this motel several times due to it's close proximity to Children's Hospital and the zoo. We've never been disappointed! Wish the prices were a bit lower but I guess you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

We understand you have numerous options when traveling and greatly appreciate you choosing our hotel when visiting St. Louis. If you know at least two weeks in advance of your travel dates, Hilton offers an advance purchase discount which is available online or through 1-800-HAMPTON. We look forward to having you next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
#5 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK