“Great gin tasting”

Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 19
Cuisines: Deli, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Although we may look like it we are not a Wine Bar! We are an independent retailer selling wine, cheese and charcuterie either to eat/drink in or to take away and enjoy in the comfort of your own home. Our self-service wine coolers allow us to offer our customers the opportunity to taste wines that would normally only be available by the bottle. You choose your wine, from the sixteen wines on offer, and you choose the measure, a taster, 125ml or 175ml glass, all individually priced according to the quality of the wine. Staying awhile enjoying the wine and the music? Why not try one of our tasting plates, pates or a warm, gooey camembert cheese all available with fresh bread baked on the premises. We have a variety of wines from across the World to buy, either by the bottle or the case and are happy to arrange delivery on large orders if you live locally.
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We had a great night this week at their first gin tasting. Michele was the visiting expert who brought 9 different gins with him, none of which I'd come across previously. He was really knowledgable and fun. The atmosphere was great, we had their usual delicious charcuterie, cheese and bread - I'd advise having something light to eat before going to line the tummy for all those gins. Overall a great night and really good value. Thanks!

1  Thank Samara F

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Perfect relaxing afternoon, lovely wines- the self service is great fun, great platters, top service!

Reviewed 18 February 2017

If you haven't yet visited The Grape Escape in Wokingham, you are missing out. I love this place, it's one of the best places to eat and drink in Wokingham.

We had an amazing night last night. Sara and her team, as always, went out of their way to provide exceptional service and a fun atmosphere.

The wines are amazing and now they have gin, it's an even better way to finish the night. Fantastic food as always and always good to try new varieties of cheese. The staff are fantastic in sharing their knowledge on both wine and cheese.

I have visited on many occasions and always have the best of times. Sara, Emily and the team make this a very special place.

Whether it's a night out with friends or with the other half, this is by far the best place to be.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Well I felt like a child in a sweet shop.
I've been meaning to visit for ages...and popped in with a friend for a cheeky glass of wine. Except I ended up with cheese, bread, olives, a meat selection and chocolate on top!!
I think it's a wonderful concept with friendly servers that happily explain how it all works when you go in.
I thoroughly enjoyed being able to taste test before settling down with whatever wine took my fancy.
I cannot wait to go back!!

Reviewed 12 February 2017

Its nice to have a successful independent business in Wokingham. Serve yourself wine and an excellent cheese board, what's not to like?