All reviews the pub stayed here tea and coffee making facilities business trip bracknell
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I stayed here for one night whilst on a work event in Wokingham.
I was cautious at the start because most other options were a lot more money but I probably selected this due to its locality to where i was working.

Pleasantly surprised....
Rooms were a bit tired but spacious, comfortable and well planned.
The pub has warming staff and also pleasant customers who all made you feel at home.
The food was amazing too.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
John H, Owner at The Emmbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

Thank you for your review and positive remarks. I am glad that your stay with us was a good one and hope that you will return if in the area again. I agree that maybe the furniture is in need of a rethink but as with anything it take a little time and money to get it right. Our local customers like to meet new people and they are always friendly and make people welcome.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

Stayed for a work trip in May 2016 and needed a lower-cost option. This place ticks the boxes that you need without exceeding expectations. The rooms are modest and a little dated, but the proprietors are keen to please and do great food for both breakfast and dinner.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your review they are always welcome. Yes the rooms are in need of an update as far as the furniture is concerned but again this takes time and money to get it right. Hopefully later on this year it will get sorted. Always nice to hear that the food was of good quality and enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

I spent sunday evening to Thursday morning in Wokingham for a course in December 2016, not sure how I come across the Emmbrook Inn but I wish I chose somewhere else now. On Sunday evening upon turning up i asked about 18:30 if they were serving food, it was met with an abrupt "No way! get a takeaway! they are just around the corner". I put down my first nights deposit and headed over to where the owner pointed the rooms were.

The room was very nice and clean, but it become apparent that after the first night leaving a small towel on the bath to be replaced as the sign said I noticed the same towel was placed back on the towel rail it was not as it seemed.
I ignored it and thought its an easy mistake to make. Then after the second day the toilet was not cleaned under the seat, in fact the whole time I was there it had not been cleaned.
I decided to get some food from the pub on the second evening and was told that the kitchen was closed, nothing more said and the lady carried on with the conversation with the people at the bar, I had to again get food out.
On the third day one of the female bar staff was standing outside so I approached her and asked if the place was always like this with food, she told me they was out of a lot of the food but the kitchen was open at 18:30 and not the 18:00 as advertised, so I went in and ordered food, I was told they were out of what I ordered so I chose the steak, I asked for it to be medium rare, it came out cooked to death, when asked I said it wasn't how I wanted it nor what I ordered it and she just walked off.
It become apparent that the local customers meant much more than making new customers happy.
I again the following day gave them another chance and ordered the fish and chips but again it was not the best of produce.
I didn't bother again and settled for take away, no mention of breakfast you ask? after the way I was spoke to I didn't bother stating that I had to leave early to get to my course ten minutes earlier than they could provide food, there was no mention of trying to provide breakfast for me.
After the money payed I am not a happy guest.

Date of stay: December 2016
3  Thank Mike D
John H, Owner at The Emmbrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Thank you for taking time to do a review of your stay with us. I am so sorry that you found your stay with us so bad and can only apologise. I do not make any excuses for the way the staff dealt with your needs as I agree this is totally unacceptable and is not how we usually operate. I do not understand why you were told the kitchen was not open on the Monday as the only time the kitchen is closed is Saturday and Sunday evenings. Once again I thank you for your comments as this helps with keeping standards to an acceptable level and once again I can only apologise that they were lacking during your stay with us.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I spent one night here prior to a morning commitment in the area. I found the proprietor and his staff extremely friendly and accommodating, and the two meals I had, dinner and breakfast, to be more than satisfactory. Excellent,even. Would I stay there again? You bet! So why four stars instead of five? Well, I reserve five stars for those particularly luxurious places which have, for example, fluffy bath robes in the rooms - that sort of thing. That's not necessary all the time, of course, but there are occasions when it might be appropriate. This wasn't one of those occasions, so what I required on this trip, I got, and that was four-star comfort and service. Thank you to John and the team :-)

Room tip: I have only experienced one room, and I was allocated that on check-in.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2016

We stayed in this Inn in late September. The room was lovely - clean and very cozy. Great water pressure in the shower. We had a drink and dinner in the pub and then breakfast (full English) the next morning. The food was great and the service was excellent. Charming place to stay!

Date of stay: September 2016