“Very difficult to fault”
Review of The Old Plough

The Old Plough
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Cobham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Visited for lunch en route to the south coast from up north. We saw previous reviews and decided to give it a go. The service was excellent, speedy and attentive without being intrusive. Excellent menu, selection of beers, ales and wines. Considering the quality of food and service the meals we had were excellent value. I hope to visit again and would be happy to recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I took the family to the try out the old plough. I had only been their once before , but at had such a great meal. My cousin tried the black pudding for start and he stated that it was the best starter he'd ever eaten. I went for the ciabatta with tomato which is wonderful. I had one of the specials of sea bass and others had the Cumberland sausage. All of which are full of flavour. The menu really gets you thinking as to what to choose and one major thing Ive noticed is that whatever dish you choose their is so many lovely combinations within the dish , they really have put real thought into each dish adding extra elements to make this restaurant my to go to place .

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Lovely traditional english pub with excellent service and first class cuisine! We arrived for Sunday lunch after taking part in a Memory walk at Painshill Park....all hungry and keen to eat. We ordered Mushroom soup (my daughter said it was delicious) My son & I had wild mushrooms on toast...amazing!!!! We the had lamb with all the trimmings and my daughter had the pork belly. Once again it was all delicious, well presented and perfectly cooked. The service was quick and charming! The pub had a lovely ambiance to it and we were really delighted to be able to have lunch there. We would definitely go back agin. We were too full for puds!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The Old Plough was able to accommodate a very last minute booking of 4 adults and 1 small man for a busy Sunday lunch which was wonderful. We arrived around 11.45 and were well received and shown to our table. We had just over an hour to eat and dash as the table was reserved at 1pm. Our drinks and food orders were quickly taken by friendly, efficient staff. 3 perfectly cooked, rare roast beef with giant Yorkshire puddings plus all the trimmings, 1 fish and chips and Jack’s “tweaked pasta” dish arrived promptly and was devoured equally as promptly. Absolutely delicious all round.
We decamped to the garden as it was approaching 1pm where we were naughty, ordered dessert consisting of sticky toffee and creme brûlée heaven.
Overall, superb food, well kept beer, nice (not overpriced) wine, excellent service.
Highly recommended. Thank you for fitting us in, we’re glad you could!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

A lovely place for a casual meal.
Food and atmosphere always good
food presentation is also consistently good.