Lowest prices for your stay
$163
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
Trip.com$184
1,182 results
All reviews honeymoon suite jacuzzi bath food was lovely from start to finish lovely hotel wedding reception family wedding function room my mum steak an overnight stay cooked breakfast conservatory meal quinn booth venue
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2022

Recently attended a family wedding at the hotel and nothing was too much trouble we stayed over in two family rooms near the car park altho we could hear people outside it wasn’t that bad that it interfered with our sleep rooms were very good size even with the wheelchair we had with us everything was easily accessible food was lovely also including breakfast next morning staff couldn’t do enough for us will Definately be back and would recommend this hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
Nicole Ramage, Other at The Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2022

Hi,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your family wedding at the hotel. I am glad to hear you were happy with your stay!

Reviewed 26 August 2022

We were fortunate of being the first wedding couple to stay over in the Torrance Hotel honeymoon suite after its refurbishment in Feb 2022. The suite had been completed the night before our wedding so it came as no surprise that we had to highlight a few teething issues the next morning.

The staff kindly accepted our suggestions for areas of improvement to make the experience more worthwhile for future guests, and apologised for the evening we both had during our stay. Infact, the staff were vey helpful so we can't fault them whatsoever.

As a gesture of goodwill by Manorview, we were offered a complimentary stay in the suite, which from our point of view was a really nice thing to do, and we were thankful for. We arrived to find that mprovements had indeed been made to the room and they had put some measures in place as to the suggestions we had previously offered.

Now the constructive part.

Lets be honest, the room is stunning on arrival, it's very well presented across two floors. Cleanliness is not an issue at all, it is spotless. However, I think its important to highlight some issues that we encountered 'again' this time around, especially, to those who are paying £395 for the privilege of an overnight stay.

Firstly, the attention to room detail.

Downstairs WC:

Open WC concept behind the bedroom consiting of toilet and wash basin, not really to everyones taste having an OC behind the bedroom. Think an area to improve this would be to put privacy curtains in place, like they have done so at the 'Manorview Bowfield honeymoon suite'. There another toilet on the upper floor that does offer privacy if it matters, but its worthwhile noting this is an open concept too.

There is no soap dispenser in the downstairs WC, had to improvise and use soap on some cotton wool pads from upstairs. Also, handrail in the dowstairs WC has not been supported correctly, it detached from the wall when the towel was rehung.

Steam room:

The hotel have now put screens in place which weren't there before, this area houses the steam room and rainfall shower. Unfortunately, on this occassion, the steam room aspect wasn't working, only found this out to my dismay in the morning - so it was too late at this point to do anything about it.

The minibar:

Well stocked, but no price list for the drinks that are additional to room price? In addition, If you like alchohol in your cocktails then I suggest you bring a bottle of something to mix with them, as I
suspect there is very little alchohol content in the ones are offered as part of the room package? My wife drank all of them and didn't wake with a hangover so I know that as fact!! Lol.

There is, however, a very good selection of glasses but for some reason there are NO wine glasses, even though the fridge stocks wine?

TV:

One TV upstairs only. This is the 2nd time we had problems with the TV, no connection when we turned it on this time around. Had to call reception and felt really sorry for the helpful young girl who took over an hour to rectify it. No handyman onsite.

Dinner:

Made a reservation for dinner but it was cancelled on the day as they were understaffed. I live local and I know this is the case most of the time during the week. I suspect this wouldn't be an issue on weekends when the Hotel and bar are at its busiest. However, the Hotel is in a good location to many other local restaurants and bars that are a short walk away, so probably best eating out anyway. Or get a take away back to the room.

Now the BUGBEAR:

There is a fire door adjacent to the side of the bedroom, it's in the corrider beside the entrance the room itself. Infact, its pretty much in bed beside you lol. This door is used frequently by both staff and guests and the noise levels on closure are beyond a joke!! It is loud when it closes and you can hear this during the night and early morning with people traffic. We were woken by this the last time around and I'm afraid to say it happened again on this ocassion too. 6am we were both woken at and eventually we gave up and checked out an hour early to evade the noise. Being a fire door, there is probably not a lot the hotel can do about it, but I think its important to be wary of this during your stay. Ear plugs might help a bit?

Overall a pleasent stay at the right price. However, if you have a spare £395 to spend then I would suggest a nice place down the Lake district.

Very good selection of complinetary snacks
though...

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your review of your stay.

We are so glad we have been able to sort some of the improvements suggested and am happy to hear you found our team to be helpful during your visit.

I apologise that we were unable to provide you with dinner for the evening. We did have the TV replaced and were unaware that the remote had been disconnected by the previous guest, however, am glad to hear Chelsea was able to pair this back up for you.

With regards to the cocktails, the team follow a spec sheet for this. Due to the great blend of ingredients, you may not be able to taste the alcohol which should be the case with most cocktails. There is a 50ml measure in each cocktail which is recorded on our stock count sheets.

I am sorry to hear about the steam room. Marketing are currently working on a manual for the Suite which will show instructions on how to work all aspects. This does take 10-15 minutes to generate steam.

I have passed all of your comments over to the relevant departments including our maintenance team, where we will conduct a full review.

Please accept my sincerest apologies and rest assured all of your feedback has been passed over.

Reviewed 26 August 2022

We had our wedding at the Torrance Hotel recently and what a day we had! We honestly cannot thank our wedding coordinator Lynsey and the team for all their help. From the day we booked our wedding to the day itself the staff honestly couldn’t have done any more for us.

The venue itself is absolutely stunning and the food was delicious. All of our guests are still talking about the venue and how great a day they had.

I would recommend the Torrance Hotel to everyone planning a wedding and still to decide on their venue.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi,

We are so glad you enjoyed your special day with us here at The Torrance. I will pass over all of your thanks to our team - They absolutely love to hear amazing feedback from our couples.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 25 August 2022

Been here for an overnight stay and was such a lovely place we decided to book this as our wedding venue they did not disappoint the wedding planner Lyndsey and the Torrance staff did not disappoint they went above and beyond and whatever we needed was always seen to. Not one hiccup did we have for our wedding went as smooth as ever, Will definitely be back. Thanks again for making our day as special as it was.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are all so happy that you both had the most special day. I will pass all of your thanks onto our team. We cannot wait to welcome you back in the future!

Thanks,

Nicole

Reviewed 16 August 2022

My wife & I stayed here for a night recently.

Our room, a superior king, was smart, modern, well furnished and very clean. The bathroom featured a bath/shower combo and twin basins.

Our only criticism is that the sound-proofing is not great and we could hear noise from the corridor outside & the room next door.

Breakfast was good and there is on-site parking.

We would happily stay at the Torrance again.

Date of stay: August 2022
Nicole Ramage, Other at The Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2022

Hi Alastair,

Thank you for your review.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay. Your feedback regarding sound-proofing will be passed over to management. I am happy to hear that the noise didn't completely effect your stay and you would be happy to return.