Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 06/10/22
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 07/10/22
Priceline$167
Travelocity$167
Prestigia.com$170
1,175 results
All reviews honeymoon suite jacuzzi bath food was lovely from start to finish lovely hotel wedding reception family wedding function room my mum steak an overnight stay cooked breakfast conservatory meal quinn booth venue
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2022

Our large luxury room was no 11 . The bed was so comfortable and they give you 4 large fluffy pillows. The staff are excellent and extremely helpful at all times.
The location is spot on and lastly the food was fabulous. Would thoroughly recommend..

Room tip: Upstairs seemed to be quieter. My daughter had noise from a jacuzzi being used at 2am and she was on the ground floor. Room 6 I think.
Date of stay: August 2022
Nicole Ramage, Other at The Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2022

Hi Pauline,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay!

I am very glad to hear you found the bed to be comfortable and the team to be excellent. I will ensure your feedback is passed over to all of the relevant departments.

Reviewed 15 August 2022

The hotel was near our relative and we booked 2 rooms. We were welcomed and our rooms were lovely. The only issue really was there was no hot water when showering in the evening and again in the morning. The staff were lovely and the food was really good. We had our evening meal there and would definitely book again.

Date of stay: August 2022

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review regarding your visit. I am very happy to hear you found our team to be welcoming and the room to be of your standard. I will look into this regarding the hot water in your room and am sorry if this did effect your stay.

Reviewed 11 August 2022 via mobile

This is my first time ever feeling compelled to leave a bad review. I am writing regarding the disastrous evening my Fiance and I spent at the Torrance Hotel. After the birth of our baby last year and of course working through the pandemic as frontline workers, we decided to have a nice relaxing evening at the Torrance for our first night away, so we booked the Honeymoon Suite looking for somewhere exotic and strongly intending to book the venue for our upcoming wedding after seeing online photos - however the night didn't go to plan. We arrived at approximately 17:20 on the evening of the 25th July 2022 ahead of our dinner reservation which we had booked earlier that morning for 17.30hrs. We were met by the receptionist who informed us the restaurant was closed and the hotel would be happy for us to order a takeaway to our room.
That being the case why did she not inform us before we arrived to allow us to make alternative arrangements? With no crockery, we were left with the only option but to order in a pizza for dinner and have no dining experience but tried not to dwell on this and make the most of our evening after spending a lot of money to get there. We decided to go and inspect our room and when entering it looked very nice, however this was short lived. I decided to go for a shower and suddenly the shower fell right off the wall and struck me in the face leaving the main pipes exposed and the water hitting off the wall across the room. Because of this I was completely soaked to the skin. I immediately contacted the receptionist and after 10 minutes she arrived to fix the problem with a colleague and a set of Allen Keys. She saw me soaked from head to toe and said sorry about this. After another hour of wasted time, I had to contact the reception for an employee to tell me it was safe to attempt using again. After this my partner then decided to try filling the Hot Tub. As it was filling up a silver stud came loose and then another 3 studs followed suit before we noticed what I can only describe looking like a Pubic hair floating in the water. I phoned down once again to the Reception and all she could say was I'm sorry. On coming up to investigate the girl stated she only knew about one of the studs being loose and that the room had not been thoroughly checked since the wedding held in the hotel at the weekend due to staff shortages. Visibly disappointed, the girl sent chocolates and two cocktails up to the room but by this time we were so angry and disappointed, our night was completely ruined after all this time wasted and not feeling comfortable in a dirty unkempt room. After contacting the staff to our room already twice and feeling hungry, we then open the fridge to see our mini bar and low and behold it held a bottle of wine that had been already cracked open and only half full -
Clearly by the previous person staying in the room. It was never ending, obviously no one had checked this room before we came, our night was completely and utterly ruined. After paying what was to be a long awaited special evening for us we were reimbursed £100 but the manager never approached us and he or she should have been there from the beginning. In the morning we ordered a Scottish breakfast but that was unedible so I ended up only eating the potato scone as it was jellified. On reflection , I am completely disgusted after what we endured. On check out, I was too upset to continue a conversation regarding this matter, I just wanted to go home. After digesting what actually happened that evening and the money we spent I decided to put in a complaint. We are now over 2 weeks past and no one has bothered to get back to me or take ownership of what happened to us during our stay. Both my partner and I work very hard and long hours for our money and to pay this large amount to occasionally treat ourselves is few and far between and is extremely frustrating. I am utterly disgusted with the treatment of the Manorview group and would not recommend any couples waste their money choosing to spend their evening at this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dunlop2105

Hi Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the above points. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to make the difficult decision to close our restaurant for a number of days. Our reception team had attempted to call all bookings regarding this. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive this call to inform you - I believe our team did leave a message with anyone they were unable to get hold of, however, I apologise if this did not get through to you. Should you have let us know that you wished to order a takeaway, our team would have been more than happy to deliver you some crockery to your room.

I have passed over all of your points regarding the jacuzzi jets and the shower to our maintenance team who have been in to assist already. We do not have any shortages within our housekeeping department and our suites are thoroughly checked & sanitised by our housekeeping team after each visit as they have rigorous check lists to complete. I am very sorry that this did have an impact on your stay and I will ensure that all of the jacuzzi and shower issues are checked more effectively after each visit to ensure this never happens again.

The head receptionist was on duty and was the lady that you had spoken with both on the evening and upon check out. She is part of the management team and is always there to assist our guests. I am sorry that on this occasion we were not able to resolve this with you prior to your departure as we always aim to have our guests leave happy. I will raise this with our management team at venue level again to ensure this does not happen again.

I am the Deputy at the venue and due to a bereavement and annual leave, have not been at the venue until recently. If you would please like to discuss with me further I would love to resolve this matter with you. This is certainly not how we endeavour to make our guests feel and I would love to invite you in to the hotel for a tea or coffee to discuss.

Please do not hesitate to contact me direct on 01355 225 241.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2022

We spent a night for a family wedding at the Torrance recently. It’s a beautiful hotel and the actual wedding was well done.
The staff are really friendly and helpful.
The only faults we found, the actual room we stayed in was very dark, hard to get dressed and made up. The bed was on a step up platform which was dangerous until you tripped on it a few times and remembered it was there.
Also you had to climb into the shower via a very high bathtub which was awkward and tricky for older people.
Saying that we had a lovely time and enjoyed ourselves.

Room tip: We were at the back end of the bottom floor and it was very quiet.
Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank Tebek
Nicole Ramage, Other at The Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2022

Hi Tebek,

Thank you for your feedback!

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the wedding. I will pass over all of your feedback.

Team Torrance

Reviewed 16 July 2022

Finally had our big day on the 19th june and was absolutely the the beat day ever.
We both work for the Company (busby) and venue was booked before we joined manorview and can truly say the venue and Company are amazing anyone about to book or are about to have their wedding here or at any of the sister hotels you won't be disappointed.

Our original date was July 2020 but a certain pandemic put a hold to that and the torrance were amazing in re arranging everything and helping us set a new date june 2021 but yet again Corna and restrictions made us postpone once again and torrance again moved dates with no hassle.
Was informed with everything that was happening prior to the big day thanks to hannah and lynsay

On the day the staff looked after bryan making sure he was ok and calm even kept me calm before I walked down the aisle. We were kept up to date on what was happening throughout the day and Nicole's singing at the end was priceless.
The honeymoon suite is georgous so will be back to book this soon

A good day was had by all and a massive thank you to team torrance for hosting our special day

Mr and Mrs dunion

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Nicole Ramage, Other at The Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2022

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Dunion,

Thank you so much for allowing us to be part of your special day. We are so happy to hear that you had the most amazing time.

We can't wait to welcome you back to the venue - perhaps for another sing song.

Team Torrance.