“Good cafe with great views”
Review of The Waterside Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Waterside Cafe
Ranked #62 of 119 Restaurants in East Kilbride
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was my first visit since the cafe changed hands. It’s still the same set-up and of course the views are still great across the lake. The selection of cakes is very good (I had a vanilla slice and my daughter had a strawberry tart). The cappuccino was decent too. The food all looked quite good. I would say that it was less busy than I expected but it’s clearly popular. Prices are on the high side of reasonable and the service was friendly enough.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Hi Folks
You have to try out this café for snack lunch coffee cakes etc and sit overlooking the water and heritage park.Just now no boats out but only takes 25 min to walk round twice and then visit the café.
We have had lunch coffee etc closes I think about 4 30 .but food brilliant and a lot of it home made. They also gave me gluten free panini which was lovely and a change from toasties.
So what are you waiting for pleasant efficient service and a walk and then delicious cake scrumptious.

1  Thank alexandra c h... h
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We took our grandchildren here for lunch - the first time we have been since the cafe was taken over! The food was okay but for 2 adult lunches and two child lunches (same food & same price so half was wasted) plus two coffees, two juices & two ice creams it cost just over £25! I think this place needs to do smaller portions for kids with smaller prices.

2  Thank casswife
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Visited this for a second time and was extremely disappointed to get dirty cups again.
Also heard a lady as for a small bowl of soup for her wee girl only to be told "we will still have to charge you the full price" not very child friendly.
Lovely setting but did not live up to my expectations and certainly not cheap.

3  Thank Norma T